3. An unexpected truth

Kieth POV-

I change into my paladin armor and head straight for the battle. By the time I arrived everyone is engaged in combat and it seems the others have already taken down the ship that the blades guy is on. I easily bypass the ship since the shields are down and board. Once I board I tell red to go so he doesn't get me caught and make my way through the shadows until I find the blades operative. The man is Galra like the rest of the blade but is cornered by Haggars witch friends.

I pounce on them using everything I have they get a few hits in on me before I finally take them down. Exhaustion plagues my body and the magic induced burns hurt but I carry the unconscious operative out. I shake him awake once we get to a quiet corner.

"Did you finish you're objective?" I ask him.

"Yes.." he says before going unconscious again. I pull his and my weight to the hanger which is surrounded by guards. I take out my bayard and my blade and they both turn into swords. I fight off the guards while protecting the blade operative. By the end of the fight I have more burns from blasters and am in more pain so I use my link to call for red.

Once red arrives I pull the blade operative into the lion and buckle him in. I then join the others in the fight. I know I should go back to the castle or blade HQ but I just can't stop I need to help them. Once I arrive I open the lion com link.

"Finally Keith what took you so long we need to form Voltron." Lance says.

"I just had to make a quick stop and you guys were doing just fine on you're own." I answer.

"No we we're getting our space buts kicked!" Hunk states.

"Enough let's form Voltron!" Shiro says. We then follow his lead and the fighting keeps on going. We fight until we finally win. Once we do we separate the lions and head back to the castle. Time for me to face Allora and the other paladins. I let out a worried sign as red tries to comfort me. "I'll okay red, I'll go get checked out by a blade medic along with this other guy and I'll face the team." I say trying to reassure red.

Since red is the fastest we are back in our hanger first. I try to force my sore, exhausted, and wounded body up from the driver seat in reds cockpit. My first try is a fail, so is the second and third and forth. And the finally on my 5th try I am on my feet even though my aching body is heavily protesting. I use the narrow walls as my support and make my way over to the operative who is sadly still unconscious. I lift the grown Galra over my shoulder and make my way to the part of the castle that Kolivan and the other blade visitors reside in.

After a long walk and a lot of protesting from my body we both make it to the blade's temporary residence. As soon as we enter we are met with Regris. I think he is saying something his mouth is moving but it sounds muffled. My vision starts to blur at the ends and black spots begin to dance around my vision. I fell someone take the blade member from my grasp then more muffled talking and then my vision goes black.

I jolt out of bed my from my night terrors again. I look around this is not my room in the castle but it's still has identical white and blue walls. I sit back and force myself to hold back a whimper or to Yelp out in pain instead I let out a groan. The cuts on my body burn. I look around the room for answers to where I am and my gaze lands on Ulaz.

We just stare at each other for a good minute. I finally decide to ask, "What happened all I remember is landing back in the hanger?" I ask him.

"You carried Thance with you through the palace and collapsed when Regris found you." Ulaz answers. I nod my head slightly.

"I'm going to go report to the princess and the other paladins." I say with a shrug. I then get up off the table.

"I wouldn't recommend walking in your current state." Thace says with a concerned tone.