4. Missons

Keith POV-

It's been a few weeks since I left Voltron. I haven't seen or heard from anyone but Shiro. He has contacted the base a few times to see how I was doing. I learned how to shift back and forth between my Galran form and my human form. I still don't sleep a lot and I spend most my time in lessons with Antok but I don't do training on my own that much anymore. Kolivan said he wanted to give me time to adjust to my new Galran form before he sent me on any missions.

I have gotten better at hand to hand combat and now me and Antok are starting to work on things like traditions and cultural things. I'm not really ready to do those yet. I just sit on my bed silently, I don't know what time it is but I know its late at night or early morning. I had one of the worst memories I have had in a while. It was another foster home, I can feel my body ache as though the beating had just happened yesterday. I let silent tears run down my face, it has been years since I cried. The day Allura kicked me out was different but before that the last time I actually cried was probably when I found out Shiro and the others on the Kerberos mission supposedly died. After that I just went numb. I stopped really feeling anything it was like my mind was always covered in fog. I still did normal things like eating but I was a shell of who I once was, for the most part I still am.

I try to stop the tears but eventually I just give up and curl into a ball. Finally after about 20 minutes of silently crying I get out of bed. In the BOM base is really cold but that is because Galra have fur. I am more comfortable in my human form because in my galran form my body needs more food and sleep but I can't provide that. I don't eat much because growing up I didn't have much food so my body can't take much more than very small portions and night terrors plague my mind every time I close my eyes. I change into my normal training clothes but I just stay in my room and focus on simple exercises. I am not comfortable enough with the base or any of the blades yet to go to the training deck.

That's another thing I picked up after I stopped making those noises. I find it really hard to trust anyone until I really know them. I guess that is also a thing most children who spent almost their whole life dealing with mental and physical abuse pick up though. The time begins to fly and I lost count of how many sit ups, push ups, and pull ups I have done. I fall back into a sitting position, my muscles are aching from the over exertion and my body is soaked in sweat. I take in shallow breathes to try and calm my heart rate.

The lack of sleep has taken a major toll on my body and I know that. My vision begins to tunnel and I get up to stumble over to my bed. I barley manage to make it to my bed before my legs give way. I can't even catch myself as my arms feel to heavy to move. I close my eyes and give way to my body's demands for proper rest.

My eyes open and I yawn, I still feel tired but not as much. I look around and notice that I am not in my room on Voltron or in the Blade hq instead I'm in what I think to be the Blade infirmary. I sit up to get a better look at my surroundings and notice a familiar BOM agent.

"Hey there Ulaz, not that it isn't nice to see you but why am I here?" I ask, trying to remove the IV needles from my forearm. Ulaz swats my hands away from the IV's and sighs while looking at me with a slightly harsh and slightly concerned glare.

"You need to start taking better care of yourself Kieth, to answer your question when Antok went to retrieve you for lessons you were passed out and wouldn't wake up so he brought you here. Why haven't you been sleeping or eating well?" Ulaz asks. I know he needs an answer but I can't bring myself to trust him, so I can't let him know my weaknesses. I have to think up a lie. We sit in silence for a bit then it comes to me.

"Ah well my body hasn't really adapted to space so my sleep schedule is still messed up, and for my eating problems my body can't hold down large portions of space food as it's so different from what I've eaten my whole life on earth." I lie, well the second one isn't really a lie because my body can't hold down large portions of any foods much less the space foods.

"Ah, I see so your body is still adapting to all the changes it faces. But why do the other paladins seem to be adapting just fine?" He asks seemingly actually curious.

"With humans everyone's body's adapt differently, it usually takes a longer time than others for my body to adapt to different environments. It could be because of how the galran and human genes in my body react to each other." I answer and then halfheartedly suggest. Ulaz just nods.

"Well do you think that you will be able to continue with missions? Your body seems very stressed." Ulaz asks sounding really concerned.

"Ah well that part might be my own fault, I feel like I'm really behind the other blade members so I push myself to hard, well harder than I know I should. Honestly I'm a bit stir crazy since I've been stuck in the base for so long that I also feel I need to prove myself to go on missions." I tell Ulaz. Which yet again aren't really lies just half truths.

"Don't push yourself so hard then I'll talk to Kolivan about getting you out on missions. I there are no physical issues with your body and you seem pretty settled into the blade so I think your mission clear." Ulaz states and I can feel my spirits rising. Finally I'll be able to leave this place!

"Thank you Ulaz," I say genuinely.

"Your welcome Keith," Ulaz answers.

Missions again, finally! I'll get to leave this damn base and being under close watch from Regris. I'm not stupid, I know Antok is a high ranking galran official and that he's only in charge of my lessons to keep an eye on me. Probably because I didn't grow up with the blade and came to them out of virtually no where. They probably want to make sure that I am capable of fighting well enough and that I can hold my own with against other galra. But missions I can't wait! This is the first time I've been excited in years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N sorry I haven't updated in a while I've just had writers block and school to do.
1233 words...
TBC