Tim Copley Trial

Skylar's flashback to the Trial of the Plaintiff (Skylar Cooper) vs Defendant (Tim Copley)

-INSIDE THE COURTROOM-

Bailiff: All rise. Department One of the Superior Court is now in session. Judge Sharon William presiding. Please be seated.

Judge Sharon William: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Calling the case of Miss Skylar Cooper versus Mr Tim Copley. Are both sides ready?

Private Plaintiff Attorney: Ready for the plaintiff, Your Honour.

Private Defender Attorney: Ready for the defence, Your Honour

Judge Sharon William: Will the clerk please swear in the jury?

Clerk: Will the jury please stand and raise your right hand?. Do each of you swear that you will fairly try the case before this court and that you will return a true verdict according to the evidence and the instructions of the court, so help you, God?. Please say "I do". You may be seated.

Deputy DA: Your Honour and ladies and gentlemen of the jury: the defendant has been charged with the crime of sexually assaulting without consent, physically and mentally abused the plaintiff. The evidence shows a picture that was taken a few days after the abused by the plaintiff best friend who is present here with us. Then in this secretly recorded voice, the defendant was beating and cursing at the plaintiff and her best friend. The evidence I present will prove to you that the defendant is guilty as charged.

Private Defender: Your Honour and ladies and gentlemen of the jury: under the law, my client is presumed innocent until proven guilty. During this trial, you will hear that the evidence that they have gathered isn't real evidence and it's against my client. You will come to know the truth that Tim Copley was just playing around and roughhousing like a normal teenager with his friends who happen to be Skylar Cooper and her best friend and some other friends there too. Therefore my client is not guilty.

Judge Sharon: The prosecution may call its first witness.

Deputy DA: The People call the best friend of the plaintiff.

Clerk: Please stand. Raise your right hand. Do you promise that the testimony you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

Witness 1: I do.

Clerk: Please state your first and last name.

Witness 1: Stella Lia Salvatore

Clerk: You may be seated.

Reporter: Please spell your last name for the record.

Witness 1: S.A.L.V.A.T.O.R.E

Deputy DA: Stella, where do you study?

Witness 1: The same school as my best friend The Public MPhil School, New York.

Deputy DA: Where were you at that time when Skylar was about to get rapped?

Witness 1: I was helping my home class teacher with the books and I saw Tim Copley dragged Skylar down the empty hall into the janitor's room.

Deputy DA: What did you do next?

Witness 1: I did what I know which is to alert my teacher and run towards the janitor's room.

Deputy DA: So you and your teacher rescue Skylar from Tim's assault.

Witness 1: Yes Sir.