Chapter : 8 Pain

'This chair is really uncomfortable' was the first thought that came to me as my eyes adjusted to the darkness that was looming around me like a safety blanket except it wasn't safe

My wrists were on fire due to how tight the restrains were tied and my body was littered with bruises and dried blood.

Thankfully I was tied to a chair and not the rod that hanged me like a rag doll.

Aleast I could sit.

I couldn't even move an inch, as my body was in unbearable pain and if I did try to move I'd be in even more pain,

Been there done that.

From the corner of my droopy eyes I could see the silhouette of a figure moving towards me.

And within no time he was standing right in front of me.

Just my luck.

He was in his early forties with grey strands peeping out through his greasy black hair, he had black eyes filled with dark rotten energy that was full of evil plans and that sinister smirk promising me my fate is not something I was gonna like, he was the devil himself.

"Would you look at that, our princess is awake" he smirked showing his yellowing teeths.

I kept silent knowing the consequences if I talked when not needed, though I wish for nothing more than to wipe that rotten smirk of his face.

"Now, why with that gloomy look, princess?" He asked with fake worry while dragging the chair from the corner of the room towards me.

I gritted my teeth, desperately wanting to make him stop calling me princess, it was like a new trend here that everyone should call me princess.

"Rico, Jake" he made a snap with his fingers and two bulky guys came out of nowhere and stood next to my chair.

They stood there in silence, patiently watching us.

"Now, I'll ask you a question and you'll answer it, got it?!" He ordered with a dark tone.

"Y-yes" I stuttered timidly.

"Good choice" he had that dark smile.

"Where is the database?"

"I-i don-t kn-ow" I cried out desperately, I knew what was coming and I wish he had a change of plans.

"Wrong answer-

-Rico" he sat there lavishly without a care of what was gonna happen.

"N-o, ple-as-e I'm te-lling t-he trut-th" I cried out in despair knowing my cries are falling into deaf ears.

Rico came forward cracking his knuckles in the process.