prologue.

The plan

The plan

IN LIFE, WE ARE ALWAYS TOLD THAT THERE ARE two sides, the good guys and the bad guys. In all reality, there is never one or the other, inside everyone there is both of those personalities, the main dilemma in our lives is choosing which side we let people see.

In the Harper household, they without a doubt chose being the bad guys. Both Cleo and Jack learning at a young age that mercy is for the weak and faint hearted. It was a tough way to grow up but it made her tougher, in John Kreese's eyes, it made her prepared for life.

You see, the Kreese man actually loved Cleo, possibly more than any of his other students. Maybe even like family. He helped raised her from the ground up, he gave her everything and he was going to make sure that she remembered that, in any way that he could.

Was it a twisted way of thinking? Yes, but everyone is twisted in their own ways. It's just more evident in this family of three. The last piece of the puzzle was Jack Harper, the man who probably needs an anger management class but would kill for his daughter.

But how exactly do you kill for someone when the person that is doing them wrong is the very person who taught you to kill?

"Dad, are you even listening to us right now?" Cleo asked, snapping her fingers by her fathers ear. "Sensei was saying that he is going to pay Johnny a visit."

Johnny Lawrence, a person that Jack once strived to be was ruining the name of Cobra Kai, and they were going to stop it no matter the consequences.

"Oh yeah? You think he's just going to let you waltz back in there?" Jack questioned, fiddling with the fries on his tray of food.

"I have to pull on a few heartstrings, luckily I know just which ones to pull." The older man shrugged his shoulders both lightly and confidently, like he had no worry in the world. "and when to pull them."

"How am I supposed to pretend I don't know you? I've lived with you my entire life." Cleo stated, making a stern look spread across Kreese's face.

"Don't act like you have lived with me your whole life. I won't treat you differently from a homeless person on the street, and you'll do the same. Things will work out alright if we stick to that." He assured the teen girl, who simply nodded her head and looked to the far side of the skating rink.

She spotted the cute blonde waitress that works there, Cleo never could gather up enough courage to speak to her and she obviously couldn't talk to her family about it. They'd call her weak and basically force her to start conversation.

"What am I supposed to do? Hide around town? He's going to think it's weird if we are back at the same time." Jack reminded the older man, not wanting their plan to completely fall apart.

"Don't worry about the minor details, leave everything to me." Kreese's cold demeanor would be enough to intimidate anyone, but the Harper's were used to it, may that be a good thing or not.

"Yes, sensei." Jack nodded his head slightly before following Cleo's gaze to the blonde girl she seemed to be interested in, snapping his fingers. "Hey, focus. We need your attention here."

"Sorry, dad." The Harper girl snapped into focus, looking at her grandfather figure. "I'll answer any questions you have about the dojo."

"Who are his best guys? The ones who have the fight in them." Kreese questioned, narrowing his eyes slightly, this would probably be the most important knowledge he could gain before entering the lion's den.

"Miguel is Johnny's number one, but he is very loyal to Johnny, Hawk would probably be one of the other good ones, he's loyal to Cobra Kai and I think that's something we can use, and Aisha is pretty good too but I doubt she would be okay with...us." Cleo said, basically laying out her observations from the past few months. She got along with everyone there but she knew who would be okay with completely obliterating the people in the other dojos and who wouldn't be.

"Good, we only need one of them to start working on the others." The older man nodded his head approvingly. "I've taught you well, Cleo. Let's see if you can keep this up."

"I will, sensei." The Harper girl bowed her head to him slightly, making the man chuckle.

"Eat your food, it's getting cold." Kreese got up from his seat by pushing his hands against his knees. "I have to make a phone call."

"To who?" Jack questioned, honestly the man didn't have many friends besides the two Harpers so it was hard to believe that he had people to call.

"An old friend." The man walked away, leaving both Jack and Cleo at the table with their brows furrowed.

"I think he was actually... proud of me." The Harper girl said in disbelief, seeing him actually say something along the lines of good job was practically unheard of from him and it felt nice to hear.

"He should be, you're a little badass." Jack ruffled his daughters hair carefully and laughed. "I know we are hard on you but it's only making you a strong woman, for your future."

"I know, dad." Cleo nodded her head, feeling extremely anxious for the months to come.

Would they all really get what they wanted? Or the more important question, was what they wanted also what she wanted?

AUTHORS NOTE—
The relationship between Cleo, Jack, and Kreese is extremely complicated and at times confusing so bare with me lmao.

Thoughts on everything so far?

Hope you enjoyed!