chapter three.

Dancing Queen

Dancing Queen

CLEO AND THE OTHER STUDENTS DECIDED TO GO to their favorite hangout spot after a tiring practice. This was the first time that Tory would be joining them, and a part of the girl was eager to make the blonde feel welcomed. Then again, she also felt the need to push her away in hopes of not getting too close.

Crushes were complicated.

"I'll just take a slice of pepperoni." The Harper girl explained to the waitress with a smile, handing back her menu. "and a sprite."

She was the last to order, yet, her order was the simplest, her friends all getting food that probably shouldn't be made at a pizza place.

"I'll get everything right out for you guys." The waitress sent Cleo a smile and she practically choked on the water she had been drinking, while the Nichols girl sent a glare the other young woman's way.

"Talk about desperate." Tory mumbled, tracing circles into the table as she rolled her eyes. "Like she couldn't have been more obvious while being obvious."

"I think it's nice, Cleo deserves a girlfriend after everything she's been through." Moon commented, Aisha kicking the girl under the table.

"What did you go through?" The Nichols girl turned her gaze upward, now curious to know what was going on in the other girls life.

"Girl drama, doesn't matter. I'm totally fine now, and i'm fine with being single." The Harper girl realized the way her statement sounded, and decided to continue for clarification. "But, if the right person comes along, I would probably be totally okay with that."

"Noted." Tory commented with a smile, Cleo hiding her face so nobody could see the blush that tinted her cheeks.

"Oh, my god. Yasmine has the same bathing suit as me." Moon showed all the girls a picture and Aisha heavily rolled her eyes.

"Tell her that she can stay in Paris." The Robinson girl commented, shaking her head.

"I wanna be in Paris." Cleo let out a huff, strands of hair blowing away from her face. "If only I was rich."

"It's not that great, especially with Yasmine there." Aisha reassured the girls, everyone watching as Tory threw a piece of ice at Miguel.

"Not cool." He warned, jokingly narrowing his eyes.

"What are you doing over there?" The Nichols girl asked, tilting her head to the side. Cleo could have sworn she felt a tinge of jealousy, sure, Miguel was her friend but, he had taken interest in someone she liked once before.