FOUR

Lee Juyeon

Lee Juyeon. Sian knew him, not well. He was popular, amongst the sports fanatics of the school. He was quarterback of the football team, the American football team. Juyeon had messy black hair which he didn't bother to style, but it was almost like the world wouldn't allow him to have any fault with it. His eyes were gentle and deep, lips curled into a friendly smirk.  It was his voice that Sian remembered perfectly, deep and naturally loud. Did he have a voice kink? No. Did that stop him from wanting the boy to whisper everything softly into his ear? Absolutely not.

"Ugh, you." Sian heard Eleven scoff behind him, Princess landing a loud thump of a book to his head. "Shut up." She snapped, pulling a chair to sit close to him. "Hey, Sian." Eleven hit his back gently, making him turn. "He's nice you know." He smiled softly at him, gesturing to his partner. "I know, it's just, never really spoken to him." His hands slightly shook, smaller ones going to cover them, turning back to the front he saw Sushi cupping them. "He's gonna love you. Who doesn't?" Never let this boy lose his optimism cruel world. "Thanks, guess I gotta go." As he went to stand he was faced with a broad chest, looking him to meet eyes with Juyeon.

"Haha, sorry, I'm Juyeon. Sian, right?" He smiled, his top front teeth being displayed perfectly "Uh, yeah, I was going to you." Sian couldn't help but look down in embarrassment. "It is less crowded where I am, you don't mind if I steal him?" He asked Justin with a sparkle in his eye. "C-Course not." Something was off with his answer, and his hand quickly tightened around Sian's, before letting go hastily.

"So, do you have any ideas of what you want to do?" Juyeon asked softly, kindly pulling out a chair for Sian, who smiled to him. "Not really."

"Great, because I kind of rally want to do this book called Jane Eyre. My sister loves it, and she use to read me to sleep with it." He blushed slightly, embarrassed as he spilled soft childhood tales. "What's it about?" Sian asked, thinking he heard a growl and a squeal as he patted the boy's shoulder. "Okay so it's set in Northern England and focuses on five stages of Jane's life, and focuses on a important social issues and ideas, which are critical of the status quo." He nearly went into a rant, his eyes gleamed over with happiness, passion. "Sounds good, you speak English, don't you?" Juyeon nodded, smiling as they got to work.

😒

"So I'll text you a time that's okay with me." Sian nodded as Juyeon walked him to his locker. "Sounds good."

Justin glared from behind the corner, huffing as he saw Sian laugh a bit too much at something stupid Juyeon said. He didn't know why but watching the boy smile around anyone else aggravated him, it wasn't as if he had a right to be annoyed? Did he? Of course not. They weren't dating, they aren't together. But he couldn't stop, his nails digging into his palms. When he was a kid, he used to relish in the fact that he was the only person Sian called cute. Remembers holding his head high when the boy would announce it. Nothings changed.

Little Sushi took pride in how Sian would treat him. He'd ruffle his hair when he was proud of him, he'd smack Eleven if he made a joke about him, he'd smile so brightly for him. Hell, he'd stutter once the pout came out, blush when their hands would brush one another. He loved him. He was his best friend.

"Sian!" He mustered up the biggest smile possible, surprising the older boy with a massive hug, making sure his face was facing Juyeon. Adding in a snarky look, he finished the hug, not letting go of Sian's arm. His sweater pawed arms wrapping around it like a kid begging for ice cream. "Jun?" He pointed, innocently tilting his head. "Uh, it's Juyeon." The latter seemed to laugh, as if he knew something. He seemed a bit too smug, looking down on Justin (mostly because he had too). "So, do you have any idea of when you'll be available, I can ask my mama to make us snacks." He smiled, putting his stuff in his locker as if the boy clinging to him wasn't there, which angered him. Growling under his breath, he drowned out the conversation the two were having, leaning his head against the others shoulder.

"Probably around two on a weekend, my mum goes to work around then." He smiled, too cheekily for Justin's liking. Scoffing, he rubbed his face into Sian's jacket. "Sushi, where's Eleven?"

"Toilet." He mumbled against it, hearing Sian's laugh echo, his second favourite sound. Eleven's came first. "Are you tired?" An adorable shake of his head answered, another beautiful giggle sounding out. It was a sweet moment, cute.

Maybe it was the calm before the storm.

"Uh, I didn't know you guys were, like, a thing." Juyeon coughed, snapping Justin out of his daze.

"What, ew, no, we aren't dating!" He yelled unconsciously, not thinking properly. Eyes widening as he realised what he said.

Sian quite literally heard his heart break.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

time to cry because i am not afraid to end this book unhappy :)