SEVEN

"Okay so she marries Rochester?" Sian asked, receiving a nod

"Okay so she marries Rochester?" Sian asked, receiving a nod. "That's after she was proposed to by John Rivers." Juyeon smiled as he talked.

He was clearly an innocent soul. His grin as he talked lovingly about the classic book was soothing, it was comforting to know society didn't stop him from being so open about his love of Jane Eyre. Everything about him was open, his mind, his aura. Sian was glad that he agreed to work on their project during their lunch break.

Things were still awkward for him and little sushi. And the looks of concern and sad attempts from his friends to fill the silent pauses wasn't helping. He knew they were just trying to help, but all he really needs is time. The biggest issue he had was the looks from Shi Yi, unsure if he was glaring at him, admiring him, or just staring into his soul. To get away from it all, after his English class, he approached his partner and asked if they could work on it for a bit, luckily receiving a yes. It was easy to forget and focus when he was doing his work, having to listen and read intently as he wasn't the best at English.

Maybe he should stop staring. Xiao Shi Yi prides himself on being a cool, mysterious man. However, the lack of interaction and communication with Sian was making his head go crazy. Wanting to grab ahold of him and shake the stupid out. He was being silly, of course Justin didn't mean it. Who on earth would think dating Sian would be gross? No one he knows. It would be nice. The relationship would be full of honesty because the latter was candid, and you'd be loved to no end. You'd wake up to soft giggles, comfort him through silent tears. He'll smile at you with pearly whites, and tell you he loved you in subtle ways. Sian lives by the saying 'it's the little things that matter the most'. That's why he plumps up pillows before someone takes their seat, it's why he always leaves sweets at the bottom of his packet so he can offer them to someone else, it's why he brings out a tray of everyone's favourites snacks and drinks (pouring each one a cup) when they all hang out.

Eleven likes to think he's the only one who's noticed that.

There was a time in Shi Yi's life where the younger was just on his last nerve, all the time. When he saw him attached to his own dada's hip, when he cried over a dropped ice cream, when he stupidly tripped down the stairs and scraped his chin. But in the back of his mind something has always told him to help him up, to wipe his tear, to just smile warmly as his friend adored his dad. His biggest regret was the nickname 'Crybaby'. It soon became a phenomenon, and he could see the hurt in Sian's eyes when people muttered it, or shamelessly shouted it. He hated every moment that he has shouted profanities to him, everytime he's cursed his name, said or thought anything negative.

Because at the end of the day Sian was his best friend.

"Shi Yi, hyung." A soft whine sounded out behind him, turning away from the slot in the bookshelf where he had a perfect view of the English duo. "Hey baby, did you eat?" One thing he would never regret was asking this beautiful boy to be his boyfriend, despite it clearly taking a slight toll on his friendship with Sian.