Chapter 1 - Moonlight Sonata

Hey hey hey! Welcome! If you're new here, call me J!

This is my first proper X Reader so feel free to give me any advice or things I could change or work on!

Enjoy!

-J

✺ ✺ ✺

The sound of the two engines roared over the cheers of the crowd. The lights of cars and motorbikes lit up the road, reflecting off the damped and abandoned car park where vehicles upon vehicles lined up, some getting repaired, while others were getting sold off.

Your hands, covered by leather gloves, gripped the handle of your BMW S1000RR, your knuckles white under the fabric. The cool air of the Tokyo night slipped under the helmet, ruffling your h/c hair as you sat on your motorbike, waiting for the countdown.

Your opponent sat on their bike, space between you as they looked eagerly ahead at the racetrack. Their face was unreadable, the tinted glass of the helmet shadowing their facial expression.

On cue, a woman, black hair and pink rimmed glasses strode out onto the track, holding a black and white checkered flag. Kiyoko. You knew her very well.

The lights standing tall above the start line started flashing bright colours. Red. Red. Red. Red. Green.

Without hesitating, the raven-haired woman bought the flag down, waving it around to mark the beginning of the race.

Wheels screeched, leaving tire marks and making a horrible, ear-piercing sound in the night that roared above any cheers.

With lights shining down upon you and your bike, you streamed off, leaving your opponent in the dust as you sped through the Tokyo highways.

F/n l/n. A 23-year-old drop out of Tokyo Metropolitan University, also known as TMU. While your parents weren't too happy about the news of you now being an unemployed dropout, you couldn't care less.

In fact, you weren't unemployed. You worked for a small burger chain, earning minimum wage, 'better than nothing' was what you would always say.

That was until a friend of yours, who went by Daichi Sawamura, dragged you along to an event that would change everything.

It was a late evening when you received the call, your phone buzzing repetitively as you glared holes into it, wanting to continue with your job. Yet the more it buzzed, the more agitated you got. Like a fly purposely flying over to that one spot on the ceiling where you couldn't reach.

Giving up, you reached for the phone, seeing Daichi's familiar face on the screen. Quickly excusing yourself, you answered the call and went into a back room.

"I'm at work idiot" you grumbled, his merry laugh coming through the speaker on the phone.

"My bad, hey I just wanted to know if you wanted to come to a street race tonight, I've been wanting to take you to one for ages"

His voice seemed to peak, as if timid to as you.

"Wait isn't street racing illegal" You hushed yourself, now whispering.

"Yea, but if you come I can earn you some cash..." Daichi bribed.

"... fine"

"Yes! Thanks, Y/N, I'll pick you up at eight tonight, then you can meet the gang!"

With no other words shared, the male on the other end hung up, leaving you staring in disbelief at your phone which now sat lifeless in your palm.

That's, that is the story of how you ended up here. Cleaning, fixing, and making motorcycles and cars. Any vehicle that moves practically.