Chapter 8 - First Floor

Welcome back! I hope you're having a good day <3

-Jay

✺ ✺ ✺

Upon entering your room, the image of clothes strewn across the room, made you groan in aggravation. From shirts to pants, to shoes to hats, everything had somehow made its way out of the usually organized draws.

bending down, you started to chip away at the mess that had appeared, making haste with your guest still in mind. After throwing the majority of clothes back where they belong, you glanced over at your bed to where the outfit you had hurriedly put together.

It was a black turtleneck top, one similar to what you had worn a few weeks ago. Cargo pants had also been laid across the bed, the black fabric vaguely lighter than the turtleneck top. A matching belt tied the outfit together along with some dark boots.

Glancing at the clock before sliding on the outfit, you felt the soft fabric lining your torso, the heavy fabric of your pants clinging against your legs and the boots weighing you down. Yet you felt comfortable, looking around in the mirror, a small mountain of confidence building up.

You looked across your room one last time, opening the curtain to reveal the beautiful Tokyo view, skyscrapers seemingly climbing into the clouds. The evening rush hour made the traffic slow down, moving lazily through a labyrinth on roads and streets.

Walking out of your room, a small grin crept across your face, the reminder of how lucky you were to be here shown in the breathtaking view.

If you had never found this sport, bike racing, who knows where you would be. Most likely living with your parents or on the streets somewhere. Instead, you were here, living the high life, the only repercussions being the constant threat of the police knocking down your door and locking you away behind bars.

A small price to pay to do something you found so much joy in. It was a spark of excitement that lit an ever-growing flame of passion that you had built over the years.

Though, as you walked into your open plan living room, a small ember added to your inferno. It was subtle, yet it made you hesitate. Were you really doing all of this for yourself, or was it a distraction to stop you from trying to find something you desired even more...

"Y/N? You've been standing there for a while now" a dreamy voice called from the couch, Sugawara lazing across the soft sofa as he scrolled through his phone.

The sinking light danced across his features, giving him an ethereal glow. His pale skin seemed to shine with a fire-like haze, the sun reflecting its bright rays. His eyes were half-lidded, almost asleep in the warmth of the evening.
"What got you thinking?"

"Nothing, just tonight's race, not a big deal" you sigh, your E/C eyes avoiding the silver males piercing golden orbs "Well, we should get going now, mind giving me your address?"

Sugawara smiled, his cheeks flushed under the setting luminescence of the sun.

As he looked at you with such passion and empathy, you thought back to those intruding thoughts from just moments earlier. Looking for something else huh. Maybe, you had laid your eyes on it, you were just oblivious.

"Here," Suga said, bringing you back to reality as he held his phone up to your face.

"Thanks, we'll go there before heading off to the race" you shoot him a quick nod, mentally noting down his address "are you back living there?"

"Yep! Everything was finished a while ago so I've moved out of Daichi's place" your guest grinned, getting up from his place on the sofa and shuffling his way over to the door, following like a lost puppy behind you.