Chapter 9 - Heartbreak

AH HELLO <333

First off thank you for being patient it means a lot. I put a lot of effort and time into this so I hope you like it!

-Jay

✺ ✺ ✺

How much time had passed since you had last been here? Only a few days, but that time felt like forever to your motorbike obsessed self. Though as shameful as it was to admit it, you had had the most fun in ages outside of your races.

Sugawara was a gem in the rough. Since the cliche meeting, you both became close, finding excuses to see each other. He was sweet, always making sure that you were okay while also keeping his charming and cheeky personality that drew you in like a fish to a hook.

Feeling the male's grip tighten on your stomach, you prepared to pull your identification to show to the rather buff man who stood in a wide stance at the gates. His heavy shaded glasses blocked any view of his eyes, drawing his expression to a blank.

Loud music could be heard from the venue inside, making you even more eager to get onto the track and race. The adrenaline, just the feeling on the bike speeding through the desolate streets of Tokyo made your stomach flop.

Flashing your identification, the guard moved aside for you, letting you freely drive forward in the direction of the loud music and furious motors. Your ego only rose as the crowd immediately split as soon as you turned the corner, all eyes on you, Sugawara and your BMW S 1000 RR.

The sleek metal of your motorbike flashed vibrant colours, reflecting the LED lights that people had set up. Your cold and empty eyes could be seen shooting intimidating glares through the tinted glass to the onlookers.

Whispers fell over the crowd, the loud music still going with a few still dancing away at the back. Their confused, frustrated and angry looks boosted your ego, making you smirk beneath your helmet.

The arms around your waist tightened ever so slightly, making you look around. Taking your keys out of the motorbike, the engine settled into silence, the eyes of your second family veered over to give you side glances, wavering on the person melting into your touch.

"Yo," you nod, taking off your helmet, flicking Daichi a wave.

"Cutting it close, as always" your boss grinned, leaning back into his black leather seat, his choice of music playing from the radio "And Sugawara decided to drop by I see" gesturing to your friend who had copied you in removing his helmet, now perched on the seat behind you, feeling rather awkward with your positioning.

"Yep, I decided to drag him along this time, he gets to watch me race again" you wink, jokingly leaning back onto the thin figure "You don't mind do you"

"Not at all" Sugawara grinned, his hands going for your cheeks, slightly tugging at them "You better win though"

"It's Y/N, of course, they're going to win, '' Nishinoya said. "After all, they are the famous and deadly ''rookie ''' the small male joked, giving you a light hit on the shoulder.

"Speaking of, you said you wanted to race first? Any reason why?" Daichi poked, twisting a knob in his car which faded out the music, making way for the more electro music playing in the background "I mean, today the first race is for the best racers, do you really think you're good enough to win?"

"What do you mean by that?" you question, raising an eyebrow as you finally step off your motorbike.

"You're not going to like what you hear" Ennoshita, who was fiddling with a lighter, spoke up, giving you a nonchalant look.