It's not that simple

Judging by the title of this chapter, Oli knew that being an eggpostor was not going to be simple. But he would figure something out.

His advantage was that the crewmates would never suspect him. He wouldn't even suspect himself either if he wasn't the impostor! That would be a definite upside. However, once there were 2 crewmates left, they would obviously notice that something was wrong, and he could end up being ejected very quickly.

Another thing - if Legend was ejected, he could end up in space with him, and lose the game. He was good as an impostor, but not so much a crewmate. That was why Oli had to kill him first. Then he could slip into the vents and killing would be much easier.

But how to kill Legend? He was just an egg! He didn't have a knife or a gun or strong hands that could break someone's neck. He didn't have any hands at all! However, maybe he could find a way to use his surroundings to kill.

As Legend walked through the hallways, Oli tried to act natural, which wasn't too hard, since no one really knew he was alive. Soon he approached Reactor and began the "Start Reactor" task. Legend put all his focus into the task, which gave Oli time to jump off and formulate a plan. It was weird too - usually, he was bound to Legend's head. But this time he could jump on and off with no effort.

Oli wasted no time - he slammed his yolk into the blue reactor pipe. It made a dent, but nothing serious. The reactor task took a lot of time, so Oli kept bashing into the pipe. On his last and hardest slam, the pipe broke open, and the blue radioactive liquid seeped onto Legend's feet. In an instant, the liquid rose along his entire body, turning him gray. He fell on the floor. His body had been turned into lime ashes.

Sticking to his plan, Oli pushed the grate of the vent aside. He couldn't slide the grate back on, but he doubted anyone would dare go inside as a crewmate. He looked at Legend's dead body one more time and hopped in the vent.

Meanwhile...

Mark roamed the hallways, looking for his tasks. This was his first time playing Among Us and didn't know where anything was on the Skeld. Finally, he found his "Prime Shields" task in the bottom right corner of the map. He looked at the hexagonal-shaped switches and clicked the red ones. In a blast of light, the shields lit up and activated. Mark felt pretty proud of himself.

Continuing down the same hallway, he saw that his next task was in Navigation. But as he approached, a crewmate in an orange suit got there quickly, and screamed.

"NOOOO!"

Shocked, Mark ran in, and to his dismay, saw Legend, his only friend, dead on the floor. He stood there, wide-eyes, as the orange crewmate continued wailing.

"THE LEGEND IS DEAD! HE'S DEAD!"

Mark was confused. His name was Legend, but that didn't mean he was one. He asked the orange crewmate.

"What do you mean, the legend?"

"THE GREATEST IMPOSTOR IN AMONG US! HE'S GONE! OUR ONLY HOPE IS GONE!"

The greatest impostor? Was that why everyone was whispering about him in the lobby? He needed to get to the bottom of this.

"It's fine, let's just call a repor-"

But then he noticed something. Legend was different. Mark leaned down to where the orange crewmate was still sobbing and looked at his head. It was empty. The egg that was previously there was gone. His gazed moved from the dead body to the open vent.

An egg couldn't close a vent... but could it open one?

Mark thought it sounded unreasonable that an egg could be an impostor, but he didn't know all the rules yet. However, he could bring it up at a meeting. Maybe they'd believe him. He took out his tablet and called an emergency meeting. A few seconds later, they were all transported to the cafeteria, on opposite sides of the table.

He looked at his fellow crewmates. Across from him, the orange crewmate he saw earlier and a yellow one sitting next to her were still sobbing at the death of the "greatest impostor". To their right was an annoyed green crewmate that kept checking his watch and tapping his fingers on the table.

To the left of him was a cyan crewmate in a tuxedo and fancy shoes. He was playing "Among Us" on his tablet. Mark didn't even know that was possible, and felt an urge to take out his own as well. Three seats to the left of him were purple, pink, and red, who were all having a conversation, probably about how great Legend was.

Finally, Black and White sat facing opposite directions, despite being right next to each other. Mark sensed a rivalry going on.

He didn't know how this meeting would go. From Orange and Yellow's sobbing to Purple's groups' chatter to the uneasy feeling going around, he sensed that he had to stand up and control this meeting.

"Quiet everyone!" he said. But no one listened to him. He yelled louder. "LISTEN TO ME!" Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him. Some shot dirty looks at him, while some just looked surprised.

"We have to find out who the impostor is!" he exclaimed, and looked around. People were nodding there heads in agreement.

Oli watched from the door at the far end of the cafeteria. Little did they know, they were not going to find the impostor. The eggpostor was going to be victorious.

─────────────────────────────────────────

Oh hey so this technically isn't part of the story but just wanted to say: check out CheeseBallCheeto's book, "You're Among Us"! It's a murder mystery book and it's getting really interesting! It's also the inspiration for this one :)

Read it here: https://www.wattpad.com/1021797820-you%27re-among-us-fired