The Alliance

Oli, with his big brain, decided that he should kill Black next, so everyone would think it was White. He could sense the rivalry in the air between them and was pretty sure everyone else could as well. He watched the meeting unfold from the doorway.

"We have to figure out who the impostor is!" Blue explained. Everyone agreed, and Red spoke up.

"Why don't we figure out where everyone was, and use the process of elimination?" he asked. When no one answered, he replied, "Ok, I'll go first. After we scattered, I went to the 02 to clear the tank. After that, I started priming shields below when the meeting was called."

After he finished, Purple got up and explained his story, but it was clear that he was more than a bit nervous. "I was with Red the entire time, we went to 02 and I emptied the chute while he cleared the tank, and then, uhh, I went to Storage to finish emptying the trash but the meeting was called before I could."

Each crewmate took turns going one by one, explaining their stories. The only one that didn't was Cyan, who just kept playing Among Us on his tablet. He was apparently too good to explain what he did. Or maybe he ignored his tasks and used his tablet during that too.

Unfortunately, after everyone had explained their stories, the group had gotten nowhere. Everyone's sounded legit - because they were. No one could suspect that an egg was the impostor, so they knew that someone was lying.

The chaos started with White accusing Black, and Black doing the same. They argued over each other, and soon other crewmates started pointing fingers. Conversations turned into arguments, which turned into screaming matches. And that turned into even more chaos until cafeteria chairs were being thrown at other crewmates and the Skeld was a mess.

Oli knew that this was the perfect time to get a kill - but how? As the 2nd chapter explained, being an eggpostor was not that simple, and he had to find a way to kill without using any of the traditional impostor methods. He had cleverly used the toxic acid in Reactor, but what could he use in the cafeteria? Paper cups and plastic trays?

Suddenly he knew. He ran at full force and collided with Black, who flew across the room from the impact. He landed in the garbage chute. Oli slid to the lever, but he wasn't tall enough! He was so close! He was about to give up when a hand reached and pulled down the lever. He turned around quickly and saw Black chuckling with a wide grin on his face.

.     .     .

"So, you're an... eggpostor?" Sidero asked Oli. He was still confused that an egg, which was just a hat, could be chosen as an impostor. But anything to get back at White.

"While I'm technically an impostor, I like to call myself that. Because... you know... I'm an egg." he replied. He looked at Sidero expectantly, then sighed. The two crewmates - or crewmate and eggpostor - were inside the vent. They had just launched White into space from the garbage chute. "Why are you so mad at White, anyway?"

"White used to be my best friend. But one day, she just left the town I grew up in unexpectedly. After talking to some people who knew her, I found out she signed up for the Among Us crewmate expedition. It was much smaller back then than it is now. I felt betrayed and angry, and now I'll do anything to get back at her - even teaming up with an eggpostor."

"I guess it does sound strange out of context," Oli remarked. They both laughed.

"So, what's our next move?" Sidero asked. He wasn't too good at being an impostor. But Oli was the egg of the best impostor who had ever lived! He must know some strategies at least, right?

"Being an eggpostor is not too simple on its own - but now that we've teamed up, winning will be much easier," Oli explained. "The crewmates won't suspect anything until the final 2 when they'll think the game is broken. You will say, 'well, I guess we have to finish our tasks,' and you both will go do your final tasks. Then I'll sneak up and kill the other crewmate, and we'll win!"

Sidero marveled at this little egg. Sure, it wasn't anything that Legend would come up with, but he's an egg! A literal talking eggpostor! He had to give him some credit, at least. And the plan seemed like it would work, as long as no one knew that the eggpostor existed.

.     .     .

Mark worked on charting the ships' course and thought about Legend's death. Who was the culprit? Each crewmate had a pretty convincing alibi, but he knew that one of them was lying. Purple had seemed pretty nervous, but Red had confirmed her story, and this was a game with only one impostor.

If it wasn't Purple, who was it? Cyan seemed sus, but that was probably just because he cared so little about the emergency meeting. Mark racked his brain; he just had to connect the dots - if he figured it out, he could save people's lives! Well, not really, of course. This was all just a game.

Just a game... he thought. Then he remembered how he saw Legend's egg gone next to the open vent. What if each crewmate had a convincing alibi because they were all true... what if Legend's egg actually was the impostor!

A theory started forming in Mark's head. The egg impostor - eggpostor, he assumed - couldn't have used any traditional impostor methods to kill crewmates. That was probably why the reactor liquid had leaked; they had to kill Legend in a creative way. And it seems obvious that they'd want to kill Legend first so that no one would suspect an egg would be an impostor!

It all made sense! Mark didn't know how, or why, but there was an eggpostor on the Skeld! And Mark would stop him.