Eggsterminators

Lucifer cheered as he finally finished uploading data into Admin. He picked up his green tablet, which was coincidentally also the color of his suit, and went to do his favorite thing - camp on cams. While he didn't see crimes every time, it wasn't too rare for a noob to be caught red-handed.

He sat down in the desk chair and looked up at the monitors. Crewmates that he didn't know the names of scrambled this way and that. Blue, Orange, Purple, Egg, Red- wait, EGG?! He stood up and looked closer at the monitor, and yes, an egg was peeking out of a vent in one room. It looked like they were checking if anyone was watching. Then they saw the glowing red light of the camera and quickly slid back into the vent.

Lucifer was dumbstruck - eggs couldn't be impostors! The game must have a bug, a glitch, an error! This couldn't be possible!

He had to warn the others. He rushed out of his seat, and ran out of Security, towards the Upper Engine, but he heard a bang and saw a vent lid rushing towards his face. It hit him in the nose, and he went unconscious.

.     .     .

Sidero and Oli looked down at Green's body. He had seen Oli in the vent on the cameras, and both of them had rushed to surround him. It was Sidero's brilliant idea to hit Green with the vent lid. They had hit him with it just in time.

"What now?" Sidero asked, unsure. He looked at Oli expectantly. But the egg looked just as puzzled.

"Well, we have to find a way to kill him before he wakes up and reports us," he replied. They both looked at each other, and then the body again. It was clear both of them had no ideas. But then Pink came racing across the hall, and Sidero had another great idea. Right as Pink noticed Green's body on the floor, he used his tablet and reported the body.

In a few seconds, they were all transported to the cafeteria once again. This time, there were only 8 crewmates among them. Oli also wasn't with them, since he was not considered a crewmate, and didn't have a tablet anyway.

Red spoke first. "Where was the body?" he asked. Sidero waited for a bit before remembering that he had called the meeting. He cleared his throat and answered.

"It was in the Upper Engine. I was coming up from Security when I saw it there, with Pink looking terrified next to it. No one else was around, so I can only assume it was her." he explained. He thought he was a pretty convincing liar.

Even better, Red confirmed that he had seen Pink going that way after they had both done tasks in Shields together. Sidero was sure that Pink would've been ejected when Blue spoke up.

"Before anyone votes, I have a theory. When I first found Legend, his egg hat was nowhere to be found, and the vent was open. Inside the meeting, everyone had convincing stories which could be backed up, right? Well maybe, just maybe, Legend's egg was chosen as the impostor - or eggpostor, as I like to call it - and all of our stories are correct. I don't know how, or why, but I say we find Legend's egg and throw them out!"

Sidero was shocked. Mark had figured it out. But would anyone else? He looked around the table. Red, Orange, Yellow, and Cyan didn't look convinced. But Purple and Pink actually looked like they were considering it.

"Vote skip if you believe that there is an eggpostor in this ship. If enough people vote skip, then we'll spread out and start looking for them." Blue explained. This meant that Sidero was the tie-breaker. Without hesitation, he voted Pink, and before long, she was in the vast void of space.

She was not the impostor.

Red lingered by the button after the meeting ended. Sweat started trickling down Sidero's forehead. If a meeting is called, he'd be ejected for sure. The group of crewmates who had believed Mark were probably already looking for Oli!

He didn't know what to do. But all of a sudden, 02 started depleting! Oli had done it! Sidero ran to 02 and typed in the passcode. Someone had already typed it in in Admin as well, so the sabotage ended. Sidero ran at top speed to a vent, looked around carefully, and jumped inside.

"Oli? Oli?" He called as he scurried through the vents. He needed to find the egg and warn him about what happened! There was no time to lose! A meeting could be called any minute now-

"I know what happened," Oli said. Sidero turned around and saw him. "And we will not let Mark and his squad of eggsterminators stop us from achieving victory," he said this like it was a fact, not encouragement. That they would win this game, no matter what.

"Eggsterminators," he said. He thought about it some more. "How do you come up with these?" The egg did what Sidero thought was a shrug(?), and they both continued through the vents, trying to decide their next victim.

─────────────────────────────────────────

So this isn't technically part of the book either, but just wanted to let you know: there's an official Discord server for The Eggpostor!

Join it here: https://discord.gg/szH3UJjyuJ

Discuss the book, post art, get notifications when new chapters release, and more!