Find it!

So Mark and his team of eggsterminators ran through the Skeld, searching every corner for the eggpostor. The chapter title encouraged them to find it! The group of 3 (Yellow had joined after finding out that Pink was innocent) ran through the various hallways in different directions, sometimes bumping into each other. 

Suddenly, the oxygen started running out! Mark ran to admin where Purple was already desperately trying to type in the key code, but his nervousness got the best of him. Mark ran up next to him, looked at the post-it on the side, and furiously selected the right numbers. The 02 was fixed just in the nick of time.

Mark continued looking for the egg, but his hope slowly drained as he and the team were unsuccessful. They checked every nook and cranny and planned their searches to cover the most space possible, but it was no use - the eggpostor was out of sight.

But why? Where did Legend's egg go after he died? He was sure that the egg had ran into the vents; all the evidence added up perfectly. But if he was right, where was the eggpostor? He looked around. No egg in sight. Then he saw the vent. His eyes lit up.

"Yellow! Purple!" Mark called as he sprinted, looking for the other eggsterminators. The sooner he found them, the sooner he can tell them about his plan and they could get it in motion.

"Blue?" a voice called. It was deep and formal. Mark spun around and saw Cyan staring at him. For the first time, he wasn't glued to his tablet.

"Cyan...?" replied Mark, not sure what to do. Cyan stepped toward him, and Mark stepped back. This happened multiple times until Mark was stuck at a dead end. He looked around him but there was nowhere to run. Was he really wrong about the eggpostor the whole time? Was Cyan the impostor that was haunting their ship? Cyan stepped closer and closer, and it felt like Mark's heart was beating out of his chest.

"Do you want... this?" Cyan asked. He then formed a somewhat smile on his face as he took out an egg! It was alive and struggling to get free of Cyan's grip. Mark stared in amazement at the eggpostor. They searched the ship up and down and Cyan was the one to find him? "Since I'm becoming an eggsterminator, let me introduce myself. I'm Ambrose, CEO of Mira."

Mark gasped and almost fainted. Mira was the company that made everyone's existence, from planet populations to corporation control to the Skelds flying back and forth between areas, Mira made it all. And this crewmate was the CEO of it. Mark had so many questions, but he asked the most pressing one of all first.

"Why are you on this Skeld?"

Ambrose responded with his usual formal voice. "From Mira HQ I heard rumors that impostors were infiltrating the Skelds that were used for the crewmate expedition. So, I decided to ride one. The rumors were unfortunately true - impostors were sabotaging and killing everywhere.

"Crewmates were starting to treat this like a game. Sure, you'd control crewmates from your virtual reality headset at Mira HQ and there was no real harm, but each game was a real Skeld that could or could not be infected.

"The first 2 games I played there were 1-3 impostors that were reigning terror. In the second game, I even died. However, I didn't expect this. An... impostor egg?"

"Eggpostor."

"Ah. So, as I said earlier, I'll join your band of eggsterminators. It'll help me figure out what's happening and stop it as soon as possible."

Mark understood a little better. He looked at the squirming egg in Ambrose's hand.

"LET ME GO!"

Mark blinked.

"Did you hear something?" he asked. Ambrose nodded with a confused look on his face. They both stared down at the egg again.

"I WILL KILL YOU! LET ME GO NOWW!"

So, not only was there a homicidal egg on the Skeld that was traveling through vents and killing crewmates, but it could also speak. Mark was not too happy.

"We'll call an emergency meeting," Mark said. "Then we can figure out what to do."

"YOU WILL REGRET THIS!"

It struggled to get free of Ambrose's grasp, but it had no luck. They both walked at a fast pace to the cafeteria, but before they could get there, another emergency meeting was called by Red! In a few seconds, they were teleported to their destination. Almost immediately after, Red stood up and stared furiously at Black.

"It's Black..." he said forcefully. He didn't really say it loud, but the amount of power in his voice convinced everyone. Ambrose was still holding the egg, and for a split second, Mark saw it turn towards Black. He also saw Black staring at the egg before looking away.

"What do you mean? I found Pink there and assumed it was her! The impostor must've vented away before then - there is a vent in Upper Engine after all."

Out of the 7 crewmates sitting around Mark, only Orange seemed to consider this. Of course, Ambrose, Purple, and Yellow all believed that there was an eggpostor. Their belief was about to become a reality.

Mark spoke up. "Hey! Listen! You may remember me mentioning an eggpostor from the previous emergency meeting." Orange rolled her eyes. "Well, now we have proof. Ambr- Cyan found the eggpostor and is carrying him. Look!"

He directed at the egg, expecting it to be squirming and struggling, but it was lifeless. Just an egg that Ambrose was holding.

"C'mon egg!" he said desperately. "Move around! Speak! We know you're alive!" But the egg was completely still. Red shook his head and pointed at Black.

"Eject him! It's our only chance for survival!" Red exclaimed.

Mark tried to sway the decision."The egg is the true murderer! Eggsterminators, you, believe me, right?" But Yellow and Purple seemed to be having second thoughts. Only he and Ambrose knew the truth.

They all voted in silence.

Black had the most votes.