Very Interesting Plans

Yes, this is the last official chapter, with only the epilogue remaining. I can't tell you all how much your support and comments have meant to me. Every vote and comment has encouraged me to keep posting and push each chapter to be as rewarding as possible. I'm so grateful.

I also can't believe how many readers kept up with this story through all the good times and bad, even when a happy ending seemed unlikely, even when we all wanted to shake Hermione or Draco or Theo. This story pushed everything to the absolute limit: the love triangle, the blood potion, the revenge on Astoria, and especially the slow burn. Even the Love Diggles took chapters to resolve. Draco finally won Hermione, then left her, then snuck back in with a different FACE and you still stuck with the story. I thought I'd have an outright revolt on my hands after that, but you have all been amazing.

I feel like this story could go on and on, but it's time to send Hermione and Draco off to live their life together. Squeak!

All my love,

Thebe

Hermione and Draco both had plans for Wednesday morning. They hadn't discussed them, hadn't set up a schedule or anything, but it was fair to say they had plans. As Leila would say, "very interesting plans."

And those plans, it was also fair to say, did not include oversleeping until nearly eight o'clock. Yes, they were both very tired, but Hermione's pre-dawn LOOP habits and those very interesting plans should have guaranteed an early morning.

Instead Hermione blinked herself awake in a sweet haze, enjoying the weight on her chest, a head of messy white-blond hair under her chin, warm arms around her. Watery sunlight rippled through the room and ...

She bolted upright, knocking Draco back against the headboard. The storm had passed, and in November, morning sunlight meant only one thing: They were late.

"Seven fifty-two!" Hermione wailed, the final "oo" of the "two" hitting an almost impossibly high note. Draco groaned and rubbed the back of his head. Hermione scrambled out of bed, dragging the cream-colored coverlet with her. Then she stood in the middle of the room, too horrified to act further.

"Draco!" she cried. "Do something!"

"Do what?" he asked grumpily. "Join you in making hysterical screeching noises? Half the castle knows you're in here with me now. Those silencing spells don't last forever, you know."

Hermione clapped a hand over her mouth, now even more horrified, and stared at Draco. He was stretched out naked on the coverless bed, now eyeing his erect self somewhat mournfully. She lowered her hand and tried to moderate her tone.

"Draco," she repeated. He looked up at her hopefully and she huffed. "There's no time for that!"

"Are you sure?" Draco patted the bed beside him.

Hermione glanced at the sliver-chased jade clock by his bed. "Seven fifty-FOUR!"

Draco sighed and gave up. "Aimee."

A loud crack echoed in the room, the elf instantly appearing in a cloud of lace with her tray. "Maître Draco et Maîtresse Hermione!" she cried. "My heart, it is full of joy to see you unclothed together!"

Hermione flushed and pulled the coverlet more tightly around herself. "I need to get to my room, Draco—"

Aimee eyed Draco curiously, then turned her gaze to Hermione. "But I do not comprehend, do you mean to leave Master Draco in such a state? There is always time for —"