The Lion in the Room

Thank you to everyone who waited patiently for this chapter. 

I would like to iterate that I am currently at university and I will be getting part time jobs and internships, which already have and will take up a lot of my time. I also am not a natural writer; writing takes a lot out of me and I have to take breaks between writing periods. I am writing this because I like my story idea and I know that I have an audience that really wants to read this. However, because of the reasons above, there is no way I would be able to update quickly. There will be long breaks between chapters. So I recommend not following this if that is not something that you can handle. I completely understand.

Now that that is out of the way, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Severus found himself once again walking with Potter and, oh by Merlin, their child.

What is the world coming to?

This time, however, they did not have an audience of shell shocked students, as most students at this time were in classes or studying. After finishing their treats, the three were making their way to the headmaster's office. Harry had opted to actually walk instead of being carried by the Slytherin, and Potter was doing an okay job at keeping him occupied.

It certainly didn't make Severus's heart warm when he saw Potter grab the child and sweep him up before gently placing it back down and doing it all over again several seconds later. Certainly not.

Once the three of them reached the entrance to the headmaster's office, the gargoyle immediately jumped to the side and revealed the entrance, to the surprise of the two students and to the awe of the small child clutching his papa's leg. Severus glanced over to the Gryffindor, hesitating to move forward, but once Potter met his eyes he broke eye contact and strode forward.

The three entered, Severus nearly tripping when Harry ran between his legs, asking to be carried.

Sitting at his desk, the headmaster smiled gently at all of them and gestured wordlessly towards the chairs in front of him. Standing behind him were the deputy headmaster in all her glory and an auror, which Severus noticed piqued the Gryffindor's interests.

Severus took the seat furthest into the office, picking Harry up and placing him on his lap, the child wriggling until his papa wrapped his arms around him. James sat down in the remaining chair, then when everyone was settled, started speaking. "So, why were we called here, headmaster?"

Albus continued smiling gently, opting to pick up the jar of sweets on his desk rather than answer the question. He held it out to the students. "Would any of you like a sweet? Harry?"

The child immediately nodded his head, but Severus's expression soured. "No, Harry, you just had a treacle tart," he said, his paternal instincts taking over again. He was too focused on the whining child to see James looking at his antics and smiling what would definitely be an unfamiliar expression on his face to the Slytherin.

They straightened when they heard the auror clear his throat in a clear attempt to get them on track. Severus sat up straight. "So, professor?"

Albus kept the smile on his face, but his expression became more serious as he started getting into the matter at hand. "Yes. We have gotten an update from the aurors on the time travel situation. It seems that they do not have any idea what caused the portal that sent the young lad through time."

"What this means is that we do not have a clue on how to send young Harry back."

At Severus's more alert look, Albus continued with his conclusion. "It seems that the boy will be staying with us for longer than we expected."