Defiance

The four marauders were in their dorm room. Normally, this would be a time of rowdy fun, where the four would play exploding snap, or discuss the next big prank that they'd pull.

However, the four at this time were silent, frustrations rising high. James, Sirius, and Peter were seated at the main table. Sirius was glaring at the parchment in front of him, rubbing his head as James furiously scribbled onto his parchment, handwriting positively atrocious. Peter simply sat, confusion clear in his expression as his blank parchment clearly showed his lack of understanding.

Remus, who had been smart enough to not procrastinate on the transfiguration essay, simply sat on his bed with a book in hand, silently immersed in his novel. Occasionally he would peer over the book at his friends and raise an eyebrow at them, before returning to his task.

The four were interrupted from their terrible habits when they heard their door slam open. Normally this wouldn't bother them, but the force of the door opening drew all their attention, high on alert.

What, or who they saw rather, made Peter and Remus share shocked glances, while Sirius just stared, brows furrowed. James relaxed, running a hand through his hair and smirking, but even he was surprised by who it was. After all, everyone knew of Lily Evans' hatred for James Potter.

Lily entered the room, which thankfully was quite clean for a group of four boys, and approached James. James just smiled broader, thankful for the distraction from his horrid essay.

"Hey, Evans! Never thought you would approach me here of all places, but I knew you'd give in to my advances eventually." he said, in what he clearly felt was a charming way. Lily just paused.

"I'm not here for whatever it is your empty head thinks I'm here for. I'm here-"

"To save me from this awful mess of an essay? Preferably with your dear attention?" James interrupted, playing damsel in distress before smiling at Lily again. She bristled, irritated at being interrupted.

Lily paused, about to verbally lash out at James, before remembering. She crossed her arms and smirked, knowing full well that what she'd say would cause a reaction.

"No. Rather, I am here to take you to Severus's room. Harry wants to be with you, but he won't leave Sev alone."

Lily was right; her words did spark a reaction from all people present. James's smirk was wiped off his face as he moved back from her, alarm in his expression. Just past him, Sirius scrunched his face in clear disgust. Peter frowned deeply, disgust also present in his face. Remus placed his book down on the bed, but didn't move. Clearly the action out here was better than the action in there.

James snorted in disbelief, eyebrow raised. He exaggerated bringing a hand up to his ear, sticking a finger in and rotating it, as if the buildup of earwax had manipulated the words coming out of the redhead's mouth. "Um, excuse me, Miss Evans, but I think I misheard you. You see, I apparently heard that you want me to go to Sniv- Snape's room, but that can't-"

"You are right, Potter." Lily confirmed smirking, happy to interrupt the egotistical Gryffindor.

"But why?" James whined, an expression of deep pain on his face.

"I already told you why," Lily enunciated, annoyed. "Harry wants to be with you. You know, your future son?"

This phrasing brought a reaction from the rest of the room who had previously been frozen, silently watching. Peter moved back, face scrunched into a sneer of disgust. Remus swung his legs off the edge of his bed, but stayed sitting, wanting to be ready in case of, well, anything. They both stayed silent, not wanting to interrupt the discussion.