Epilogue: Remembrances

Hello all! So I am going to be adding epilogues or extra material from this universe for you all to enjoy, which is why the story is marked as incomplete now. Hope you enjoy!

Severus sighed as he entered his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

"Hard one today?" His husband called from the bed, sitting up against the wooden headboard, the black and gray patterned duvet covering his bottom half.

Severus smiled as he walked towards the bed. "Yeah, he wasn't tired after his story and it took quite a while before he fell asleep." He crawled into the bed and under the covers as James put an arm around his shoulder, resting his head against that arm.

"Oh, so Moony owled. He and Siri are coming over tomorrow." James looked down at his partner, noting the lack of response. "Is that okay?" he asks, hesitant.

Severus hummed, then looked up at James, smiling with an eyebrow raised. "No I don't want the people who have been around Harry over a thousand times to see him again," he deadpanned. "Yes of course I'm fine with it, why ask?"

James raised his other hand, rustling his hair. "I don't know, I mean, you didn't respond. It reminded me of your relationship with them when we first started dating."

Severus looked forward, considering that. It's true that even after Sirius's and Remus's initial apologies, he still hadn't really been comfortable around them.

"Yeah, but they made up for it, didn't they?" He said, smiling up at James.

It was right after Severus and James had moved in together that he had finally forgiven them.

They had been sitting at their then very clean and tidy coffee table that had sadly become more cluttered and stained as a certain toddler came along (and he didn't mean Sirius), waiting for the other marauders to arrive. Severus knew they'd be coming over to see the place, but he still stood, crossing his arms anxiously because it didn't mean he wanted to be cursed with their presence. James was just looking at him with an apologetic expression. They heard a knock at the door and James went to answer it as Severus steeled himself.

James entered, followed by the ever infamous Remus Lupin and Sirius Black. They were chatting amongst themselves, clearly enjoying seeing each other again.

"And this is our living room!" James said with a flourish of his hand.

Remus looked around smiling, clearly impressed. "Wow, you did well for yourself James."

"Yeah, now where's the booze at?"

James smiled, sighing as Remus lightly hit Sirius on the head.

Severus, who couldn't help himself, snickered from the couch. "Sophisticated as always, Black."

Sirius looked over to him, who straightened a little bit on the couch. "Oh yeah, I have something for you, Snape." Severus raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. He reached out hesitantly as the other dug in his bag and pulled out a book that was clearly very old.

As Severus took the book and read the cover, his eyes widened in clear surprise and he gasped, mouth agape. In his very own hands was a copy of The Potioneer's Handbook: Ingredients, Properties, Interactions - Includes Common, Rare and Possibly Fictitious Variants, First edition.

Severus could barely contain his excitement as he shifted around in his seat, resisting the urge to bounce up and down in his seat like a child. Unfortunately he was unable to keep some of that excitement from coming out in his voice. "Where did you get this?!" he exclaimed, in awe and surprise, staring at the book in his hands. "I believe there were only a hundred copies of this version printed, how did you stumble onto this?!"