Changes

Eventually, Five left my room and I ended up falling asleep and slept for a good few hours. When I woke up, the sun was starting to shine through my curtains. I slowly climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom closest to my room.

I started a bath and took off my clothes. Then I slowly submerged myself in the hot water to soothe the pain in my muscles.

Once the water turned cold, I stepped onto the cool tile floor and wrapped a towel around myself. I walked back to my room. The house was calm for the first time in 8 days.

I slipped on some clothes and went downstairs to the living area.

Five was sitting at the bar, drinking a margarita.

"What are we celebrating?" I asked, slipping into a seat next to Five.

"The Apocalypse..." He paused for effect, "...is over."

"And how did you manage that?" I reached over him to grab a cup.

"Don't know, Peabody was lying dead in his house when we got there." Five shrugged.

I hummed while pouring some of the drink in my cup.

"So what are you going to do now?" I implored before taking a sip. "Mmm."

"I'm not sure." Five shrugged. "But I'm open to suggestions."

He chuckled, bumping my leg with his knee.

I was about to ask another question when I felt someone at the door.

"I got it," I said as I got down from the stool.

A hollow knock rang out and Five nodded.

I opened the door to see Hazel with his gun pointed at my chest.

"Do you have Vanya? If not would you like a drink?" I swirled my cup around. I shrugged, turning back around.

I led him to the living room and I sat back down next to Five. Five turned around to face Hazel.

"You're here to kill us?" Five assumed.

"Oh. Shit. Sorry. Old habits." Hazel put his gun back in its holster. "Well, I can understand why you might feel that way, you know..."

"Well, you attacked our house and tried to kill my family." Five shrugged.

"And kidnapped our brother," I added, taking a sip of the Margarita.

"Well, there's not much I can do about the past. I'm not the only killer in this room. You two have got your bloody histories."

I sighed and looked down, stirring my drink.

Hazel turned to look directly at me. "Speaking of which, that job you did in Calhoun, that shit's legendary. Can't believe I'm actually sittin' here talkin' to you, after all..."

"Hazel, why are you here?" Five interrupted.

"Well, I'm, you know..." Hazel was interrupted once again, this time by Diego.