Griddy's

"Hush!" I snickered, watching as each of my siblings rushed down the stairs.

I could hear small whispers as I ran down the stairs to catch up to them. Luther reached for the door.

"Stop, stop!" My harsh whisper rang out. I held a hand out to tell him to wait.

I stood for a second, feeling a presence in the hallway above. It was just Pogo lumbering down the hall in the opposite direction.

"Ok, go."

Luther opened the door and ushered everyone outside.

Five pulled open the gate and we all ran down the sidewalk, laughing loudly.

Ben walked behind us, a worried look on his face.

I stopped running, waiting for him to catch up.

"C'mon! It'll be fun!" I grabbed his hand, pulling him forward. He dragged his feet and threw his head back, groaning.

I mocked him before sighing.

"You never go to Griddy's with us. You'll like it."

"Promise?" He stuck out his pinkie.

"Promise." I nodded, linking our pinkies.

I pulled him along, eventually catching up with the rest of our siblings.

Luther pulled open the door to the shiny diner.

On the wall behind the counter, there were dozens of perfectly glazed donuts.

We all sat at the counter in a row. I had Five on one side and Ben on the other.

A small blonde women came out from the back.

"Hello, my name is Agnes! What can I get for you kids?"

"Jelly filled."

"Strawberry."

"Double chocolate."

"Glazed."

"Powder sugar."

"Maple."

"A black coffee."

Agnes nodded, turning around to grab our donuts.

"Coffee?" I pretended to gag. Klaus laughed from next to Ben.

"You've never even tried coffee." Five scoffed, crossing his arms.

Five took the cup from Agnes, taking a sip.

"Why would I?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It smells like it would poison you." Allison added.

"Just try it." Five rolled his eyes, handing me the cup.

I took the warm cup from him, already able to smell the strong scent of coffee.

I took a small sip, nodding my head slightly.

"Not the worst thing I've eaten." I shrugged, handing it back.

"What's the worse thing you've eaten?" Klaus asked, leaning past Ben to look at me.

"You once force fed me a mouldy cup of pudding you found under your bed." I crossed my arms as Allison took Five's cup. "I'm pretty sure that's worse."

"I don't know," Allison grimaced, "It's a close second for me."

Five scowled, taking his cup back.

"Y'all just don't have refined taste like me."

"Y'all and refined should never be used in the same sentence." I taunted, taking a bite of my donut.

I nudged Ben when I noticed him staring at his donut.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah," He nodded, "I'm okay."

I nodded, taking another bite of my donut.

Klaus flicked a piece of his donut at me but missed, hitting Allison instead.

I laughed as Allison threw a balled up napkin at him, hitting him in the eye.

Everyone laughed as Klaus fell to the floor, holding his eye.

"Klaus, get up." Allison snapped "The floor is dirty. And we have to go if we want to go to the park."

Everyone started to get up, I took a few more bites as everyone waited for me.

I ran up next Ben, "Okay, I'm ready."

We went across the street to the park. We stood at the bottom of the hill, looking up to the steep top.

"Race you." Diego said before sprinting up the hill. Everyone chased after him, determined to be first.

I stood at the bottom, straining slightly. My hands turned blue before I appeared at the top.

Everyone groaned, slowing down.

"Boom!" I exclaimed, "I win!"

"Not fair," Diego pouted, sitting down.

"No one said we couldn't use our powers," I breathed heavily, sitting down next to him. "S'not my fault that I'm better."

Klaus pushed my head forward as he sat next to me. I slapped his arm, trying to fix my hair.

I sighed, leaning back, pushing my brothers down with me. Diego struggled for a moment and I pushed down harder, eventually he gave up and settle in the ground.

I stared up at the sky as the rest of my siblings started to settle down.

"This grass is itchy." Diego complained.

"Hush." I said, dropping my arm on his chest. A hollow noise rang out and Diego grunted slightly but he stayed silent.

I closed my eyes blissfully. I just hoped it would stay like this forever.

Everything felt perfect.