Chapter 20

Jaden's POV

"Man, you seriously scared me," Josh says, a mix of relief and lingering worry evident in his voice. I let out a chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. "When are you getting out?" he asks with concern etched on his face.

"In two days," I reply, noting the impending date with a hint of trepidation. Two days until I head to rehab. The weight of that decision settles heavily on my shoulders.

Later, when everyone else heads out to grab food, Riley and I remain behind. I grasp her arm, a silent plea in my eyes.

"Please don't tell the others about rehab yet," I whisper urgently.

"Of course not, Jaden," she assures me, her expression soft and understanding.

Time skip to the next day, Thursday

I wake up to the sight of Chase, Josh, and Riley gathered around me. "Where is Bryce and Ryland?" I inquire, scanning the room. "School," Chase responds, prompting a resigned sigh to escape my lips.

A nurse enters, beginning to remove the various monitors and equipment. "Surprisingly, you're doing well, and all your blood tests came back clear," she informs me, a hint of relief evident in her tone. "We've decided that you can leave in two hours."

I exchange a surprised glance with Chase before turning back to the nurse. "Do you guys have some clothes for me?" I ask, suddenly conscious of my hospital attire.

Riley nods in confirmation. "So, we need to have you up and walking one last time," she says, guiding me towards the door.

"Morning, doctor," I greet the familiar face from yesterday, offering a small wave before continuing with my walk.

As we return to my room, Josh helps me settle back onto the bed with a playful toss. "Here are your clothes, and the bathroom is right there," Chase points out, gesturing towards the facilities.

"So, what are we gonna do when you get out?" Josh asks, settling down beside me on the hospital bed.

"Actually, I'm going to rehab," I admit, bracing myself for their reactions.

"What, for how long?" Josh inquires, genuine concern evident in his voice.

"I don't know, until I'm not addicted anymore, I guess," I reply, feeling a mixture of determination and uncertainty.

"Okay, are we allowed to visit?" he asks, his hand gently playing with my curls.

"I don't know that either," I admit, the future suddenly feeling a little less daunting with their support.

Riley's POV

The walk from the hospital to the car is a somber one, filled with tears and hugs as Josh, Jaden, and I grapple with the reality of Jaden's impending departure. I find myself holding onto Jaden's hand tightly, my heart heavy with sorrow.

Back home, the weight of the past 72 hours settles heavily on my shoulders. It's been an emotional rollercoaster, and I feel utterly drained.

In an attempt to lift my spirits, I decide to call Mac and arrange a girl's day out to the beach.

"We look hot," Mac remarks with a laugh as we settle onto our sun chairs, soaking in the warm rays.

"Let's check out some boys," I suggest playfully, eager to distract myself from the lingering heaviness in my heart.

As we lounge on the beach, Vinnie suddenly appears, his presence a welcome distraction. I exchange a smile with him as he approaches, his playful demeanor infectious.

"Hey baby," he greets me, his eyes sparkling with warmth.

"Hey," I reply, leaning in to kiss him affectionately.

As we chat and enjoy the beach, Vinnie's classmates invite us to join in a water fight. Mac and I eagerly accept the challenge, relishing the opportunity to let loose and have some fun.

"Riley, what are you doing here?" Ryland asks and I look at him 

"Jaden got released today and went directly to yk what, "i say

 "oh, okay" he replies 

 "omg Riley it has been so long" Kio says and picks me up into a big hug, i laugh and hug him too.

all of a sudden a boy with black hair and a beanie picks  up Mac and run to the water "wait who was that?" I ask

 "just a new boy from our school, and now it's your turn" Vinnie says and picks me up 

"im gonna kill you" i say as I feel the cold water around me 

i jump on his back and push him down in the water,.

Mac is on the new boy's shoulders and im on Vinnies and then Mac and i are fighting to see who can push the other one down i push Mac down and the new boy falls too "we won i say and laugh 

__________________________________________________________

hey peeps, today I have a shorter chapter cause a lot happens.

please remember to vote and comment

<Laura>