Ch4. Bloomed

■Y/N's POV■

I've returned from work and walk to my own apartment. I went to the mart to buy groceries for dinner. Yesterday Gin san told me he'll come after works.

Right after I arrived home, I put my bag on the desk and go to the kitchen. I clean the vegetables and meat that I'm going to use to make a stew.

Ting!

I look at my phone as a chat came. It's from Futakuchi san.

Sender: Futakuchi Kenji
Recipient: Y/N

Have you arrived home? The sky is kind of dark.

My chest was warmed by how Futakuchi san kindly asks about me.

Sender: Y/N
Recipient: Futakuchi Kenji

Yes, I'm home Futakuchi san, I'm making dinner right now, Gin san says he will come.
Futakuchi san how about you? Are you home now? Did you bring an umbrella?

I send it and put my phone on the counter and continue cutting the vegetables.

Ting!

Sender: Futakuchi Kenji
Recipient: Y/N

Lucky that Kirihara guy gonna eat your cooking

Nope, I've just got out of my office building and worse I didn't bring an umbrella haha.

Well, have a good evening Y/N

My heart warmed just from reading his text. Since I met him two months ago, I always hang out with Futakuchi san when Gin san and I don't have a plan. We sometimes only talk in a cafe or he took me to places that I've never been to before.

I was kind of disappointed on days like this when I can't meet him. Being with Futakuchi san makes me at ease. He always listens to me and makes my chest lighter.

Sender: Y/N
Recipient: Futakuchi Kenji

Please be careful Futakuchi san. Don't walk in the rain without an umbrella or you'll get sick.

Ting!

Sender: Futakuchi
Recipient: Y/N

Yes, Roger~ ;)

I can't help but smile as I read his messages.

I'm glad to be friends with him...

When I'm in the middle of cooking the stew, my phone rings. It's from Gin san.

Y/N: hello, Gin san...

Gin: hello, Y/N, I'm sorry I think I can't come..  uh I got something to do at work, maybe we can meet on the weekend instead... I hope you don't mind.