Ch.3 Entranced By You

■3rd Person POV■

It's been four months since L/N Rice Bowl's open for business. They have plenty if regular by now.

Y/N is happily serving the food to her customers. She gains a lot of friends by now because of her kindness. But, there's one person that she's closest with.

The door slides open, Kita gets into the shop and greets Y/N.

Kita: good evening L/N...

Y/N looks at Kita and smiles at him.

Y/N: Good evening Kita san...

Kita and Y/N have become closer in the last four months, the two meet frequently as Kita delivered rice to Y/N's shop, and eventually likes to stop by almost every night. He sometimes takes his grandmother to eat in Y/N's shop.

Y/N: please wait a moment Kita san, I'll take your order in a minute.

Kita: take your time...

Kita watches as Y/N happily serves the food to her customers, and taking the dirty plates.

Sweat rolls down her temple, strands of hair are sticking to her slightly damp face. But overall, Kita is entranced by Y/N. He thinks that Y/N is an admirable woman, who works hard and she's also kind to people.

Y/N's Gm: do you mind if I take your order instead dear?

Kita looks to his side, Y/N's Grandmother is smiling at him.

Kita: ah, yes...

Y/N's grandmother writes down Kita's order and hands it over to Y/N. She then comes back to talk to Kita from behind the counter.

Y/N's Gm: how's your farm Shinsuke kun?

Kita: ah, everything is fine (Y/N's Gm) san, how about you? Is everything good around here?

Y/N's Grandmother nods at Kita and looks at her granddaughter from the window to the kitchen. Kita too turns his gaze at Y/N who's working in the kitchen with her Grandfather.

Y/N's Gm: she's doing her best...

Kita: yes, I can see that...

Kita was staring at Y/N when Y/N turns her eyes on him, and their eyes met. The two feel something's building up inside whenever they see each other.

Y/N smiles at Kita, and he returns the gesture.

Y/N's Gm: I'm glad she has you and Osamu kun as her friends around here, Y/N was really sad after my son and his wife died... and when she moved here, my husband and I are worried, we're scared that we couldn't fill the loss... and she doesn't know anyone around here...

Kita stares at Y/N as she uses the back of her hand to wipes the sweat on her forehead. But then he feels a hand on his hand. Kita sees Y/N's Grandmother places her hand on his.

Y/N's Gm: thank you so much for being her friend Shinsuke... I hope you could always be by her side too in the future...

Kita glances at Y/N who's carrying a tray with rice bowls, walking his way. And smiles at Y/N's Grandmother.

Kita: I... would like that too...

Y/N's grandmother was startled for a sec, before smiling at him and left for the kitchen.

Y/N came and places a rice bowl in front of Kita.

Y/N: here Kita san... um, what are you talking about with Grandma?

Y/N was watching from the kitchen as Kita and her Grandmother talk happily at the counter. She's happy to see her grandmother and Kita looks close, it gives her warm feelings.