Chapter Two; Bullseye

"There's probably a mask in there.." Honjo said as she skittishly made he way across the bridge. We were on route to meet up with her older brother, and had no other way to go but forward. "Probably, but you've got a weapon along with me..." I spoke chewing on my thumbnail. The masks aren't monsters, just humans who are being controlled by the code. I wonder if they remember anything about their past, or who they were before the mask. Did they willingly put the mask on..or were they forced?

"L/N are you okay?" Honjo asked as we finally made it across the bridge. "Huh? O-oh yea sorry, just got lost in thought is all." I waved her to continue walking into the building. It was dark, hard to see anything. Honjo suddenly leaped and let out a small scream. I looked in the direction and nearly vomited there on the spot. A woman laid dead against the wall.

"My god..I thought they didn't kill us.." Honjo said trembling. I crouched next to the body and pulled a paper out from her jacket. "This wasn't a mask, this was another player." Standing up I opened up the paper. "According to this, there's a way to escape!" I smiled as I grabbed her hand. Running up the stairs, but stop quickly. A man was riddled with bullets begging for his life. A girl shorter then Honjo, but around the same age stood above him with the gun cocked and pointed at his head.

Before I could stop her, the gun she was holding was shot from her grasp. I turned to look and Honjo had the police officers gun. She hit a bullseye of a shot! But the girl just grinned and pulled out a knife slashing the mans throat. "Why the hell did you do that!?" I yelled taking a step words her. She looked at me and pointed the knife. "The helicopter only takes one person. And I've fought for it. And I won't be letting you stand in my way." She said getting into a attack stance. "Helicopter? Honjo that's what we saw on our way here. Look what's your name? I'm Y/N L/N and this is Yuri Honjo. You can have the helicopter, we're looking for her brother." I spoke lowering Honjos hands. " you have a gun and you're letting me go?" I nodded and looked behind her. A shine from a scope caught my eye. "Get down!" I yelled grabbing both girls and flinging them into the hall.

"Sniper mask!" Honjo spoke before firing blindly in his direction. I grabbed the blonde and pulled her behind me. "What is your name?" I asked once more. This time hoping to get an answer. "I'm Mayuko Nise.." she said as Honjo reloaded the gun. "I have an idea Nise spoke pulling both of us up the stairs. "What idea is this?! He'll just catch up to us!" I yelled running up the steps, I definitely wasn't wearing the right shoes for this. "Call it my secret weapon!" Nise winked pulling a Granade from her bag. She pulled the pin and tossed it down the stairs. "Get ready for a big boom.." I whispered as it went off.