Chapter Seven; reunion of sorts

Sitting on your knees, you looked at sniper. Trying to process everything that had just happened. "Y/N and mister mask were lovers?" Kuon asked. I simply nodded as tears fell down my cheeks. "Then he went missing and everyone told me he was more then likely dead..but I never gave up!" I spoke standing up. "Those masks mess with your mind right, that explains why you couldn't recognize me. Though I should've recognized your voice.." I pondered o the thought when Yuri grabbed my hand pulling me from my thoughts. "You'll have plenty of time to remember and have a reunion later. We need to take down this 'game' first."

Nodding I rubbed my tears away and stood straight. "You're right, we need to finish this. And finish it now."

——
Yawning I laid my weapons on the ground beside me. Looking to my left, the siblings were huddled up with Kuon and Mayuko. I smiled softly and stood up walking to the balcony of the building. Breathing in the fresh air I rested my cheek against my hand. Today had been exhausting, pink hair mask or Yayoi had been a real pain in the ass. Still I feel bad for killing her, she was Uziki's mother.

Shaking the thought from my mind, I closed my eyes. "A bit dangerous to be out here alone without a weapon." Yuka spoke walking up to me. I chuckled softly and peaked at him. He was going to light another cigarette when I grabbed it from him. "I always told you these were bad for you.. seems your still the same." I laughed flicking it back at him. He staggered a bit in shock as I continued to look at the world in front of us.

"I'm not going to lie to you and pretend I don't remember you. But I can't promise I remember everything." He said putting the cigarette away. "I know you won't remember everything, the mask repressed your memories. It even repressed your fear of heights." I giggled turning to him fully. "I remember when you would freak out over the bridge we would travel across back home." I smiled as he looked at me, not saying anything.

"I...I remember some memories, the fear factor...is slowly coming back." He rubbed the back of his neck looking over the edge. "Can you take your mask off? Just for a little bit?" I asked biting my lip out of nervousness. He didn't say anything, standing still for a moment. I felt anxiety crawl up my spine, did I say something wrong?

During my anxiety mind battle I failed to notice the movement of Yuka. He took his hat and placed it on my head, causing me to jump a bit. He let out a soft chuckle as he removed his mask. He still looked the same as he did the last time I saw him. He smiled softly as he held his mask in his hands. I stepped forward and placed my hand on his cheek. Causing him to lean into it, he's been alone for god knows how long, Mind locked and the key forgotten. I felt the tears spring back to life as I pulled him into a tight hug. I hid my face in his chest as I cling to him, as if he were to vanish in the blink of an eye.

He was stiff for a moment before wrapping his arms around me. Holding me close. "I can't promise how long it'll take for me to get my memories back...but I can promise to protect you." He spoke resting his chin on my head. "There you go again, being my protector." I softly laugh listing to the beat of his heart.