Chapter 8; hard battles

Standing on the edge of the building, I gave a soft glance rewords the tallest building in this city. "Are you sure they'll come?" I asked flicking some concrete. We knew the other god candidate would send his minions after us. He wanted to be the final god, but couldn't be if Yuri, doc and I remained. Yuri placed a hand on my shoulder as we stood in silence, that's all I needed.

I peaked over at Yuka and sent him a smile and wave. He stood closer to the middle of the building. After the encounter he had, I don't blame him. Having a fear of heights and the bridge being shot down isn't the best combination. I grit my teeth as I remembered the white haired sniper shoot at the bridge in order to kill Yuka. It made my blood boil, I wanted her to pay for what she did. "Your over thinking." A voice spoke, pulling me from my thoughts. Finally focusing on the voice it was Yuka standing directly in front of me. I felt my face grow warm as I gave a laugh. "Sorry I was just thinking of what happened earlier. Do you think the white sniper has to do with this god candidate?"

He stood in silence as he looked up to the tower. "I'm not sure, she could be with him or another candidate haven't seen yet. I honestly thought I was going to die there. " he spoke stepping closer to me. "What did you think about? I hear people who have a near death experience always think of something."

"I thought of my brother first, how when we were younger. We always fought on who would have the coolest death." He laughed, this caused a sour frown to form on my face. I smacked his arm and placed my hands on my hip. "That was your thoughts?! You thought about how you were going to die cooler then him?" Puffing my cheeks I crossed my arms turning away from him. I didn't expect him to think about me or anything, but of all things. He just hand to think about that bet he made.

Sighing Yuka wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to his chest. "That wasn't the only thing I thought about. I thought about you and what little memories I currently have of us." He said resting his chin on my head.

"I thought about how if I were to die there, I wouldn't have died happy because I couldn't remember the person I was in love with. How I could barley remember her and our times together. If I were to die, I'd die of a broken heart before the fall."