ACT 2: Part 3

"Papa, Papa, look!" Y/N exclaimed, pulling on William's pants in order to get his attention. "Irene Adler is performing in the newest show!" Y/N said, pointing to a poster that showed a blonde haired, blue eyed woman wearing a extravagant dress. Y/N jumped up and down as she pulled in her father's arm in hopes of entering the opera theater, asking him "Can we please see it?". William just chuckled, shaking his head and kneeling to Y/N's height.

"I'm afraid we can't attend one today, my sunflower." William said, Y/N frowning as William gave her a head pat. "One day we will see Irene perform, until then be patient." William said, Y/N nodding as William took out his pinky finger and locked it with Y/N's. "I pinky promise in that...." William muttered, Y/N smiling and giggling softly.

Y/N and William never got to see Irene perform, Irene retiring from being a Primadonna shorty after. And to make matters worst, Reports of Irene's death quickly surfaced to the public, making Y/N's dream of seeing her sing shatter into pieces. While Y/N managed to quickly get over the death of Irene, she still felt a twinge of pain whenever she thought of the woman.

As Y/N brushed the hair of her porcelain doll while sitting at her vanity, she heard a knock on the door to her bedroom. "Come in!" Y/N said, not bothering to look back to see who it was. When the door opened, Y/N saw through her mirror that it was an unfamiliar face. It was a blonde haired man with blue eyes who wore a grey suit with a pink tie. The man also had a distinctive mole under his right eye, Y/N thinking to herself "Wow....he's really pretty!"

The man winked at Y/N, going over to her and saying "Hello, Sunflower~". Y/N noticed that the man's voice was extremely feminine, close to that of a woman's. "Hello...." Y/N said, holding her doll close to her as the man laughed. "You have a really pretty doll." The man told her, Y/N thanking him for the compliment. "My name is James Bonde, and I'll be living with your family for the time being." James than took Y/N's hand and kissed it, A faint blush appearing on Y/N's cheeks. However, when James looked at Y/N, Y/N started to realize that he looked a lot like....

"Irene..." Y/N whispered, James taken back by what she just said. "Irene?" "Irene Adler!" Y/N quickly jumped into James's arms and hugged him tightly, James blushing in embarrassment as Y/N smiled a big smile. "Now what's going on in here?" William asked, entering the  bedroom to see if James introduced himself to Y/N's bedroom. William saw Y/N hugging James, William chuckling and saying "I see you already got acquainted with Bonde.". Y/N only shook her head at William, telling him "No Papa, This is Irene Adler!"

William slightly gasped, seeing that Y/N a managed to figure out James's previous identity. He than saw Y/N grab James's hands, asking him "You're going to sing me a song, right?". James nervously smiled, half heartedly chuckling while William went to Y/N and kneeled next to her. "Y/N, you should know that this is Irene Adler....but they go by James now." William said, Y/N looking at him in confusion. "So, please call James by their preferred name, okay?" William asked, Y/N seeing that James was happily nodding in her direction.

Y/N only tilted her head, thinking to herself "But....She's Irene....."

                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N went the sun room while holding her white rabbit plushie close to her, seeing that her father was sitting on the couch while reading the newspaper. As Y/N sat down next to him, she noticed that William had his brow furrowed and was muttering under his breath "Jack the Ripper...". Y/N crawled onto his lap, asking William "Papa, are you alright?". William snapped back to reality, looking back at Y/N and giving her a small smile.

"Yeah, everything is just peachy." William told Y/N, kissing her forehead as Y/N smiled and blushed slightly. However, right when Y/N was going to look at the newspaper, William closed it and put it away, not wanting his daughter to find out what was currently happening in London. Currently, there was a serial killer that went by the name of "Jack the Ripper" who was slaughtering prostitutes, William trying to keep Y/N unaware of the whole thing so that she wouldn't grow fearful about going outside.