ACT 2: Part 8

At first, everything was dark to her.......

She felt as if she was floating in a dark space for an never ending period of time. It wasn't until she saw a small bright light that she soon started to go towards to, thinking that this was how she could escape the dark space. Once the light fully engulfed her, she felt herself now laying on a soft mattress. She than opened her eyes, slowly sitting up to see that she was in a hospital room. "What....happened?" She thought, looking around the room. She was about to get out of bed, but was stopped by a nurse. 

"I'm afraid you can't get out of bed just yet!" The nurse told her, softly putting the young girl back on the bed. The young girl looked at her in confusion, asking "Did....something happen to me?". The nurse nodded, telling her "You were found in a ditch barely alive.....". The girl widen her eyes...or should I say eye. The young girl quickly realized that there was something covering her left eye, touching it and feeling that it was an eyepatch. "Your left eye socket.....you were found without it." The nurse explained, the young girl trying to process the information.

"Who saved me?" "A gentleman named Sherlock Holmes." Right when the nurse said that, a man entered the room, a look of worry on his face. "Is she okay?" The man asked, the nurse nodding which made the man sigh in relief. "Are you Sherlock?" The young girl asked, the man nodding and softly smiling at her. "You're a tough one, being able to survive something like that." Sherlock said, The young girl blushing. "Now than little miss, may I get your name?" Sherlock asked, but soon noticed that the young girl's eye soon went wide when she heard him say that.

"My name.......I......" The young girl thought hard, trying to remember what her name was......but nothing popped up. "I don't know...." The young girl mumbled, Sherlock frowning as he thought "Amnesia....". From what Sherlock saw of the little girl, she was an odd one. She had long white hair, the color possibly being because of Marie Antionette syndrome as it was less likely her natural hair color. Whatever happened to her gave her so much shock, that her hair turned white. Sherlock didn't know what, but he believed that it was something sinister.

Sherlock went over to the young girl's bedside, disgusted by whoever did this to her. She was just a child, and now she couldn't remember a thing thanks to them. As Sherlock balled his fists up, he noticed that the young girl had tears In her eye. "I...I  don't know who I am!" The young girl cried out, Sherlock instantly embracing her and holding her close. "Shhh.....it's okay." Sherlock whispered, rubbing the young girl's back while she hid her face in his shoulder. "Why can't I remember anything?" The young girl asked, Sherlock sadly smiling at her and saying "It's what happens when someone has trauma in their head....".

The young girl sniffled, Sherlock slowly releasing her and telling her "I'm guessing that you also can't remember your family?". The young girl nodded, making Sherlock chuckle as he soon suggested

"How about you stay with me than?"

                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ms.Hudson was quite shocked to see that Sherlock had returned with a child holding his hand. "Sherlock.....please explain this?" Ms.Hudson asked, a stern look on her face. "Don't say that you been sleeping with whores now..." Ms.Hudson thought, seeing that Sherlock had a nervous smile on his face. "You see.....this little one can't remember her name." Sherlock said, Ms.Hudson glaring at him which only made him more nervous, "So, I decided to take her in until she does!". Ms.Hudson looked over at the young girl, sighing and muttering "Alright, I guess she can stay for a bit."

"Thanks a lot!" Sherlock said, leading the young girl up to his room. Ms.Hudson looked back, now noticing the young girl's unnatural hair color. "Weird..." Ms.Hudson thought, soon going back to her room. As Sherlock opened the door to his room, he allowed Y/N to go in first. "My flatmate isn't home yet, so we have the apartment all to ourselves!" Sherlock exclaimed, the young girl looking at him with no emotion. Sherlock half heartedly chuckled, thinking "Yeah...I'm going to have to get used to her."

The young girl looked around the apartment, her eyes widening when she saw a large bookshelf. She went over to it, Sherlock snorting when he saw her take out a book. "I'm guessing that you used to like reading." Sherlock told her, the young girl looking back and tilting her head. "How do you know that?" "People lose their memories, but not the things they like." the young girl nodded, Sherlock looking at the book's title. "A book about bunnies?" Sherlock thought, the young girl sitting at the couch and opening the book.

The young girl was about to read, but she soon realized that she couldn't' recognize any of the letters. Sherlock smiled, sitting next to the young girl on the couch. "Need help reading?" Sherlock asked, the young girl nodding and handing the book to him. The young girl than crawled onto of Sherlock, sitting on his lap as Sherlock began to read.

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Watson came back, the last thing he expected was to see a little girl sleeping on top of Sherlock. "Sherlock?" Watson asked, Sherlock looking up at him and seeing his flatemate's shocked reaction. "Welcome home~" Sherlock whispered, Watson questioning who the little girl was. Sherlock soon realized that the young girl didn't have a name, causing him to make one up on the spot.

"Her name is.....

Enola."

Author's note: Fun Fact! Enola is the name of Sherlock and Mycroft's little sister in the book series "Enola Holmes"