Part 4 : Harry's at Hogwarts

"Mr. Rosier!" Headmaster Armando Dippet exclaimed, happily shaking hands with Harry. "If it isn't the finest wizard France has to offer! Thank you for responding to my letter!"

"No problem, Headmaster," Harry said politely, trying not to grimace at the feel of Dippet's sweaty palm. "Thank you for reaching out to me."

Armando snorted, withdrawing his hand. "I'm the one asking for a favor, Mr. Rosier. Don't thank me."

Harry nodded, sitting down in the armchair in front of Dippet's desk while the Headmaster sat on his side of the desk.

"As you know, the Defense teacher recently retired, and to be frank, I'm glad that he has. He is mighty good at teaching, but his old age was effecting his teachings," Dippet started, summoning a house elf to bring them some tea and snacks. "I want you to teach the Defense position, and I know that you're young, but I'm sure that you won't regret taking the position after a few days."

"With all due respect, sir, why did you search me out for this?" Harry asked in curiosity, reaching to take a cucumber finger sandwich.

"I believe you are the most qualified for this position, especially with the War Act conditions. The English wizards have grown soft and naïve over the years, Mr. Rosier, and I do not want any of my students failing to protect themselves to their fullest capabilities because their teachers say that the adults will take care of everything for them. I know that the French teachings are stricter and much less sugar-coating, and I sought you out with this in mind, also considering that you are a prodigy yourself!" Dippet rambled, his tone serious and his eyes begging for Harry to take the Defense position. "If you say yes to the job, I want you to do anything in your power to prepare the children for what's ahead. War is never fair play, and I don't want them to be unprepared. Please-"

"When do I start?" Harry asked, interrupting the rambling Headmaster.

Dippet relaxed in his seat, gratitude laced into his response. "Most professors arrive the night of August 31st to settle in and be in the Great Hall by September 1st for the sorting, but you only technically have to be here on September 1st. I'll see you in three months, Mr. Rosier."

"Likewise," Harry said, shaking Dippet's hand (which, thankfully, wasn't sweaty anymore) once more before exiting the Headmaster's office via floo, appearing in the Leaky Cauldron, where he would be staying until he went to Hogwarts.

The next morning, Harry walked down to the pub floor to find dozens of eyes lock onto him, whispers breaking out through the cavern.

Harry ignored the whispers, his eyebrows furrowing as he tried to figure out the source of the whispers. He was pretty much unknown to England, and this was the first time in this life that he travelled to London, so why did everyone seem to recognize him?

Suddenly, a newspaper was thrust under his nose by Tom the bartender, who was young. It always fascinated to see people in their youth compared to their wrinkled, old selves.

Frowning, Harry took the newspaper and groaned at the publisher and title. He hated reporters.

FRENCH PRODIGY MAKES HIS WAY TO HOGWARTS
~Brought to you by the Daily Prophet~

Yesterday, around 10:00 in the morning, 17-year-old Harrison Rosier flooed into the British Ministry. He was a man on a mission, not stopping for anything as he made his way to our most esteemed school of magic: Hogwarts.

Everyone knows that Headmaster Armando Dippet has had difficulty in hiring a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher since the old teacher retired. However, this is because of two components: during war time, the only person that can be hired/qualified for the Defense position must have a Mastery in Defense Against the Dark Arts and the Dark Arts; they also must be willing to abide by terms of the War Act made by Hogwarts' Board of Representatives in 1916.

The War Act states that instead of the Defense professor teaching the students twice a week, as per the usual schedule at Hogwarts, they must teach all students everyday except for Saturdays and Sundays.

Such entails that the Defense professor will see around 1,500 students and would have to teach 7 classes with every student from each year in them everyday! One class alone would hold around 215 kids! How daunting!

Anyway, but now, you must be dying to know who Harrison Rosier is!

Harrison Rosier is the definition of a prodigy! He had his first case of accidental magic at age two, permanently changing his blonde hair to black and his blue eyes to green. To this day, no one can find a way to revert his features back! The Head of the Aurar's department in France tried himself when Harrison was three!

Young Harrison was raised in the rural parts of France, but as soon as he started magical schooling at age six, his family began touring around the country to hire the best of the best tutors!

As far as his abilities go, Harrison has mastered the 4 Latin based languages, earned a Defense Against the Dark Arts Mastery when he was 15, and earned a Dark Arts Mastery at 16, setting the record for the youngest Master in both areas!

As writing before, Harrison had a destination of Hogwarts as soon as he arrived from France. Does this mean that he will be the next Defense professor? Stay tuned to find out!

~Rolanda Skeeter

(For more information about Harrison, turn to page 3)

(For more information about the War Act, turn to page 2)

(*All information gathered about Harrison Rosier came from the French Ministry*)

When Harry finished reading the article, he sighed and returned it to Tom.

Here he went again.