2011 Tornado Outbreak, Alabama

Third Person POV

April 27, 2011

     To say today had been a hard day for the Jones' household would be an understatement. All morning and some of yesterday, all the southern states were feeling off. At this point, Alfred knew he was gonna have to deal with someone in pain. They'd found out that this was being caused by tornadoes. Lots and lots of tornadoes. So far, a little over 100 had hit the southern states, and weather reporters were watching for more.

     Right now it was very clear to everyone, no matter how much Alfred tried to sugar coat it, that Alabama was being hit pretty hard. The tornadoes weren't only affecting the states, however, they were also affecting Alfred himself. He was really only getting a mild headache, but it was enough to tell him he couldn't leave the house.

     He had ordered his kids to separate, making at least one northern state take care of two southern states, and keeping the rest in a separate side house to ease any loud noises. The last thing he needed were lots of loud noises.

     At some point, Alfred's phone begun to blow up as well. It was the same ringtone over and over. There were a few exceptions, but mostly, it was Iggy calling him. He knew if Iggy was going this hard at his phone, he'd missed something important. He guessed some states in particular got tired of the ringing, because Oklahoma came barging in his room.

     "Dad, I swear if this idiot calls you one more time I will track him and give him a what for. Answer him gosh darnit!" the state was very clearly done with everything. She had been tasked, even though not being a northern state, with keeping Florida and Georgia under control and trying to ease whatever pain they might be feeling. Al sighed and titled his head downwards, bringing attention to a smaller figure in his arms.

     "I just got her to sleep. She's really not doing to hot. You can answer for me, put it on speaker. And I'm gonna need you to be quiet," Alfred says. Oklahoma nods, clicking the green button on the phone as it rang and staying silent. She made sure it was on speaker before getting close enough to Alfred.

     As she is doing so, a very loud voice comes through the divice, "Alfred FREAKING Jones! Where the bloody h*ll are you?!"

     Alfred winced at the sound, way to loud right now Iggy. He would have doubled over laughing at the incorrect use of his middle initial, and if it weren't for the state in his arms he truly would have.

     "Whoa, calm down Iggy-" he was interrupted by a very clearly annoyed Brit, "That is not my name you wanker! It's Arthur, get it right for once."

     "Fine, fine, calm down Arthur, I'm kinda busy. I can't really do whatever you want me to right now."

     "And why, pray tell, is that?"

     "Well, for one, my middle name isn't 'Freaking'. And two, it's cause of this massive headache I've got dude." Alfred had almost forgot how he acted with the nations around. They knew when a country wasn't feeling well, they acted weird, but even when  Alfred has been sick around them, he still used 'dude' sometimes. 

     "How bad of a headache? Or is this just a lazy excuse to get away from work?" As Iggy said that, Oklahoma very quickly began to scowl. She didn't really take well to someone talking to her father like that.

     "Well, if the southern side of my country getting constantly ambushed by tornadoes doesn't count as a valid reason for a headache, then I don't know dude. Besides, I've already passed out once, I don't really think y'all would wanna deal with me collapsing again." Alfred's daughter gave him a quizzing look, so he muted the phone to give her an answer.