1900 Galveston Hurricane, Texas

(A/N, this was a special request. It is also giving me time to figure out what to do for Delaware. Thank you @ShantayeIHA for the request!)

Third Person POV

September 7, 1900

     "Are you really sure we shouldn't worry about it?"

     "Of course I'm sure, those stupid weather people are probably just over exaggerating."

     This was a conversation held by the representatives of Louisiana and Texas respectively. The two had just gotten a weather report from their governors telling their people to evacuate to high ground. Louisiana, being the more mature, had thought they should have their people listen, send in some emergency responders to make the people evacuate. Texas would gladly say he disagrees with his sister.

     "Besides," he said half smiling, "It's only s'posed to be a little rain Louisa."

     Both states were sitting on the back porch of their father's Texas home. A small portion of the family had decided the wanted to go there, mainly because the Thirteen had wanted some peace for a little. Or, in Texas terms, they, "Kicked those of us they found annoyin' out. Them suckers just don't know how to have fun."

     For those of you curious people wondering who counts as annoying, the list is as follows;

Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kanas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, and Alfred, since most of these are the early teens, by physical age, and are more prone to stupid decisions.

     If asked, a good chunk would disagree. But who listens to kids anyway? Themselves apparently.

     Anyway, the two for some unfathomable reason decided not to have their people evacuate. And while Louisiana had been a little adverse to it at first, she eventually gave in, seeing as her brother is a little too hard headed in his decisions. 

     For the rest of the afternoon, they sat on the porch and just watched the scenery. They didn't have a fence, seeing as this house was in the middle of nowhere, so the small critters would just scurry through the yard. And from the door to the porch, Florida was watching. He will tell you they looked like an old couple reminiscing about their life. Except, they are young, and siblings. 

      At about 6pm, their sister, Missouri, came about to get them for dinner. Her hair was slightly fallen over her eyes, and it looked like she had just woken up from a nap.

     "Louisa? Tex? Pop said it's time to eat," she said to them as she exited the house. Louisiana turned around to face her as she stood up and smiled, "Alright, Uri, then let's go, yeah?"

     Missouri smiled as well, then quickly turned to lightly smack her brother on the back of his head, "Wake up silly, we're going to eat, you coming or no?"

     Texas shot out of his chair, "Food?!"

     "Yes dummy," Louisiana said flatly, "you'd have heard if ya had been awake."

     The smile on Texas face clearly said he didn't't give two sh*ts and he pranced into the house to find the delicious sustenance. Missouri looked back at her sister, confused, "Uh, is he ok?"

     Louisiana just shrugged, "I don't think he's eaten since breakfast, he insisted on bein' out here at lunch so.."

     "Ah, ok."

September 8, 1900

     Louisiana woke up that morning feeling unwell. She couldn't pinpoint what it was, but she felt like something bad was going to happen. Her first thought was she slept wrong, but then, where did the weird feeling like something bad is going to happen come from? So, she did the smart thing, she went to find her father. Her brother, Texas (of course), was still fast asleep on her bed, so she made sure to be quiet while leaving.