nineteen ❝talk with lupin❞

Lila and Professor Lupin were currently talking about school on the bridge outside of school until Lila asked him a question.

"Can you tell me a little about my father?" Lila asked Professor Lupin.

"Oh, your dad?" Lupin questioned. "Well your dad was quite the rebel, he was also sweet, charming-" He stopped. "I am getting off of track am I?"

"Just a little." She laughed. "GAY RIGHTS!" She pumped a fist into the air. "Not that I am assuming." She put her hands in surrender.

Lupin laughed and noticed how similar Lila and Sirius were alike. They had the same facial features and the same personality.

Lila also shared the same traits with Lupin himself. Her hair and eye color were weirdly similar to himself. They both also shared a weird sense of humor.

Lila and Professor Lupin were on the bridge outside of Hogwarts.  Talking about school and grades.

Lila wanted to learn more about her family. Like what happened to her mother. Did she even have a mom? Lila barely heard any stories about her mom.

"Erm- by any chance do you know... what happened to my mother?" Lila questioned Lupin.

Lupin's face dropped when Lila asked the question about her mother. How would he tell her?

The real thing is that Lila didn't actually have a mother. Remus and Sirius actually had Marlene Mckinnon carry their sperm and have Lila.

( a/n: I have no idea how two gay men have a baby so from what I have read they mix their sperms and have a sibling or a close friend carry their child. bare with me since I am not the smartest person. )

Lila noticed how his face fell. "If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to," Lila said guiltily.

"No, no, no." Remus quickly spoke. "It is just ... you might be a little surprised. That's all."

Lila made a pshhh sound. "Literally I can't get any more surprised than my father escaping Azkaban," Lila said. "So come on." She begged.

Lupin took a deep breath in. "We might want to go to my office for this."

Lila was confused but obeyed and walked into the castle until they reached Lupin's office.

"I feel like I did something very bad." Lila nervously laughed.

"You did nothing wrong Lila," Lupin calmed her down. "This just might be a lot to take in."

Lila was nervously pushing her leg and up and down on the floor while picking and chewing at her fingers.

Lupin sighed. "Well you see Lila, you don't actually have a mother.

"Oh yeah, I know she is dead," Lila laughed. "I just want to know what she did and how she died-"

"No," Lupin sighed once again. "Well, you see. I am actually your dad... along with Sirius." He said nervously.

Lila was shocked by the news and felt her eyes widened.

Remus on the other hand was scared of how she would react. What if she doesn't want me as a dad, what if she ignores me, what if- but he was interrupted by a hug from Lila.

"Oh, my fucking- oh shoot I can't swear in front of you anymore." Lila stopped jumping up and down. "This is so cool! This is why you have been staring at me during class, and also it makes much more sense."

Lupin sighed in relief and hugged Lila back.

Lila kept on talking out of pure excitement. "Wait- Does this mean I can live with you? and you can raise my grades?!" Lila asked hopefully.

Lupin laughed. "I am afraid I cannot raise your grades, but we will need to ask Dumbledore if you can live with me.

Lila rolled her eyes. "Why do we need to ask that doooorrrrrrr?" She questioned. "He is probably still going to make me stay at the Florences."

Remus furrowed his eyebrows. "The Florences?" He questioned. "Do they treat you well? Do they-"

"Yes, they treat me well." Lila laughed. "Except for their daughter Morgan, she is such a bitch." She rolled her eyes.

"She calls me weird since I am a wizard but I always use a silencing charm on her." She kept going. "Sometimes I wanna Avada Kedavra. Voldemort vibes." She pouted.

Remus' eyes widened but then he laughed. "As you should."

"So when am I moving in with you, Mrs. and Mr. Florence will understand, if not I'll just run away," Lila asked.

"You might have to stay at the Florences' for another year or so because this bitch Dumbledore will probably pull some random shit." Remus rolled his eyes.

"Why can't he just die?" Lila whined. "Me and my homies don't fuck with Dumbledore."

Remus looked shocked. "Lila, you can't wish death upon anyone..." Remus thought for a second. "Unless it is Dumbledore."

"Wait- does that mean I can change my last name to Lupin?" She questioned. "Lila Hope Lupin. Doesn't sound bad." She hummed.

Remus thought. "Hmm, I don't really know, you might have to keep Black. Or maybe Lupin-Black. I will think about it."

"Oh ok," Lila said. "Soooo, about my grades..."

authors note !
this is so poorly
written and it is
pretty random
but there it is
i know it doesnt
match the plot
but ya know i
gotta go what
i gotta do 🤷‍♀️