chapter nineteen

chapter twenty ~ drunken love

🔅🔅🔅

FIVE'S POV

What the hell was I thinking? Wasting an entire afternoon drinking instead of trying to figure out how to save the world. Now I only have four days left to do such.

I start to open my eyes and saw a very blurry outline sitting next to me on the bed. "Good morning sleepy head," a sweet voice sang to me. It was Sunny. I let my eyes fully widen and the blonde girl I fell in love with was in front of my eyes.

"Sunny," I happily sighed. Everything felt alright again. Like the world was not going to end in a couple of days. Until she slapped my face which brought me back to reality.

"Ow! What was that for?" I groaned touching the cheek she hit. It stung just like a sun burn ironically enough.

"For getting yourself drunk while your family was attacked by two lunatics," she said sweetly as possible. I could never stay mad at her for too long so I shook my head sitting up.

"I have my reasons for doing such thing." I defended myself. Luther was sitting next to the bed and another person sat in a chair in the corner. It was a teenage boy with brown fluffy hair and dark brown eyes. Why was he here? I for sure didn't know him. He kept on looking at Sunny looking like a lost puppy. "Who are you?"

"Oh I'm Peter Parker sir," he introduced himself with a nervous smile. Did he just call me sir?

His voice did sound familiar, but where would I have meet him before? "This is Lav- this is my friend," Sunny clarified. I looked at the boy one more time and then it clicked in my brain.

"You're the kid in that spider costume aren't you," I guess startling him. "The one that was talking to Lavinia?"

The name seemed to hit Sunny the wrong way because I saw her bit the inside of her cheek. Her hands started to shake nervously so I held on to it to calm down. She finally let out an exhale before Peter started to speak.

"Yeah that's me... how come everyone in your family can tell who I am?" Peter whined to Sunny.

"We're all too smart for our own good," she answered the boy. "Well maybe not him." She points at Luther making me snicker.

🔅🔅🔅

NO ONES POV

      Luther shook his head starting to ask Five questions that he needed to know the answers for. "When Diego and I were bringing you here you said something," he said. "Said there was an apocalypse."

Sunny raised her eyebrows shocked to hear this news. "An apocalypse? Five is this true?" He looked sadly up at his girl nodding.

"Yeah, it's true." The blonde tightens her grip on his hand. She found that her mind was going to explode from the thoughts of Lavinia being missing and the idea that world will end.

"When's it supposed to happen?" Peter asked worrying himself. "This apocalypse?"

"I can't give you the exact hour, but... what I could gather we have four days left." Peter ran his finger through his hair trying to calm himself down. He didn't think he was going to be brought into all of this mess. This is stuff that usually the Avengers handled, not him and a family of dysfunctional adult children.