chapter four

chapter four ~ best funeral ever

🔅🔅🔅

NO ONE'S POV

The family of seven walked out of the house with black umbrellas in hand. There was only four black umbrellas and one pink umbrella. Klaus offered his kid umbrella to Sunny, but Five did not let her choose taking her by the waist.

The woman still hasn't forgiven him but everyone knew she still had some affection for him deep inside. It has been a good 45 years since he wrapped his arms around his girl while it was only 14 years for Sunny. The two might of look awkward due to the quote unquote age difference but no one judged for that wasn't the issue at the moment.

     The siblings stood in a semi circle out in the pouring rain by Ben's statue. Sunshine missed her brother more than anyone. She was gone already when he passed away. When Vanya told her the news she was the saddest out of the bunch. She couldn't show her face back in the academy so she wasn't able to go to the funeral. Sunny felt burdened with sadness for a month after the incident.

     Luther towered over his siblings with the urn of their late father's ashes. He stood awkwardly holding the curvy handles. He was holding the man he worshipped in his hands.

     Their mother, Grace was acting strangely normal. As if nothing had happened in the past couple of days. Like Reginald did not die and they were out in the rain for nothing. "Did something happen?" She asked cluelessly.

     "Dad died remember?" Allison looked concerned at Grave who's smile turned into a solemn frown.

     "Oh yes, of course..." Now everybody was looking at the woman. She was acting weirder than usual.

     "Is mom okay?" Vanya asked.

     "Yeah yeah she's fine," Diego assured. "You know recharge."

     Five started to pick at the crevices of his finger nail as he held on to Sunny. He would do that when they were younger. It's a sign that his nervousness was going to take over. When she would noticed this she would rub her finger up against his hand. "You good?" Sunshine asked being ignored by him. Five just stood their letting the comfort he felt standing by her side warm his chest.

     In one of the tree's in the courtyard Sunny heard the twittering of a blue bird's nest on the lowest branch. This made her smile to see the same birds nested in the same spot for the past 14 years. Thanks to her power she understood all the constant chattering that filled her ears.

     "Look at them all, they grew up so fast!" "My babies are now adults!" "Well except for Five of course." "I missed Sunny when can we go talk to her again?"

     As the birds distracted her, Luther dumped the ashes and Pogo gave a moving speech about Reginald. Her attention did get caught however when one of her brother's spoke up.

     "He was a monster," Diego insulted staring at the ground. Klaus let out an unsettling laugh break the tension between everyone and Diego. "He was a bad person and a worse father. The world is better off without him."

     "Diego" Allison warned gripping her umbrella handle tighter.

     "My name is Number Two, do you know why?" Everyone looked down to their feet. "Because he didn't even bother giving us names. He made Mom do it."