chapter one

chapter one ~ breaking news

🔅🔅🔅

     Once upon a time, in one of the smallest corners of New York City, there was an apartment complex where our heroes live. One being a magical woman whom people have known her as the Fairest. And the other being a teenage girl who was as magical as her mother both powerfully and beautifully.

     They were set to be a powerful duo for forever. Nothing could ever break their bond they had. It was something more than just any mother daughter relationship. They were more like kindred spirits.

     "I'm home," the blonde woman named Sunshine sang happily walking into her home. She was always known as an optimist even in the darkest of her days. Well she tries at least.

     Say for instance today. The Animal Liberation Front (ALF) was in such a rush preparing for their rally coming up next week. Sunny had been up all day and night preparing for it. However the day didn't go as she hoped.

     "You will not believe the day I had," she began to vent while walking into the kitchen, placing down her purse. "Albert decided that it was okay to call my celebrity speaker and tell him we don't need him anymore. Who does that? I've had to go through so many paths just to talk to him, let alone get him to come to America! Next time I see that son of a gun's face I will-"

     "Mom," a teenage girl named Lavinia interrupted. Sunny stopped ranting and walked into the living room. Her daughter was standing in front of the TV staring at the news. She just slowly walked over seeing what she was looking at on the screen. "It's grandpa."

     "Eccentric billionaire Reginald Hargreeves was found dead in his house," the news anchor announced with a picture of him next to her.

     This was shocking news. How did it happen? When did it happen? Why was Sunshine not upset by this? Sunny like the rest of her siblings despised her father. He was not kind to any of them nor caring. He was cruel and brutal to the 8 children.

     Lavinia knew very little of her mother's family, but she knew of her horrid grandfather. "Are you upset that he died?"

     "Not in the slightest." Lavinia stared at her mom in surprise. Sunshine Hargreeves was the nicest person that Lavinia has met. Even if she hasn't met that many people. Hearing her mother say awful things about her father was not natural.

     "But he was your dad," Lavinia reminded. "You think he deserved to die?" Sunny stared at the girl. Her green eyes narrowed into wonder. Just like he would.

     "Lav, my father was not the nicest person. He was far from it. A monster. But remember this, monsters don't deserve to die. Nobody deserves it. Understand?" The girl nodded at her mom. She quickly latched on to her lower back giving Sunny a bear hug. Sunny hugged back gripping on to the back of her head. "I love you flower."

    "I love you mom." This made the blonde

     Many would not think that Sunny was Lavinia's mother. Probably her sister more than anything. It was just that Sunny was young and Lavinia was growing older. She was starting to look more like her father every day.

     Ah, Lavinia's father, he's been absent for a while. It made Sunny sad and even more embarrassed about getting accidentally pregnant. The only people in her family that knew of her daughter was Grace, Pogo, and Vanya. How she became pregnant they did not know. That was secret that Sunshine was not willing to tell anyone. Sunny had never even told her own teenage daughter who her father was.