chapter twenty four

chapter twenty four ~ be a bad bitch

🔅🔅🔅

NO ONE'S POV

     Lavinia sat on Sunny's bed with her knees to her chest. She was having a very tough day off you could imagine. First of all, she was rescued by her uncle from dying in a random motel, then she learned that the boy she had been running around with was her dad, she was thrown out a window, she was about to have her first kiss, and now her parents had disappeared.

      A whole series of events, both positive and unfortunate occurred that day. Lavinia couldn't process all these emotions at once because she wasn't raised like the other Hargreeves. For this reason, Sunny had kept her away from her family long enough to not grow up in such environment.

     Peter who changed out of his superhero suit and into some of Klaus's clothes stood in the doorway awkwardly. He knocked on the wall catching the girl's attention. "Hey Lavinia." He couldn't help, but look at the redness of her strained eyes. She looked like she hadn't slept in days. "Can I sit with you?"

      She nodded her head patting to a spot on the bed. He sat next to her and she got to take a good look at his outfit. "Why do you look like the Pride section at Target?" Lavinia asked eyeing his bright rainbow shirt.

"This was what Klaus gave me," Peter responded with a chuckle. "So I had no choice." This made her smile a bit, but her face went back to a solemn frown. "How are you feeling?

"Like shit," Lavinia said truthfully. She could no longer mask her feelings of how others expect to her feel. She was similar to her mother in that way. "Do you know what it feels like to be on top of the world and then the next instant you feel like you're in the depths of hell?"

Peter shook his head. "Can't say I have." Lavinia let go of her knees and stood up from the bed.

"I don't understand how one second I was shielding the three of them and then all of sudden it was only Uncle Luther?" She started  pacing the room's small space. "I don't see how it was scientifically possible for them to do that!"

"Things don't always have scientific to be true." Peter told Lavinia standing up next to her. He was quite taller than her and in another time Lavinia would've complained about such. "I mean, is the fact you have superpowers scientific?"

"Actually it-" Lavinia began before Peter covered her mouth.

"Not now love." A knife flew in between the two startling them away from each other. Diego stood at the doorway with a look of distain written on his face. He somehow always ran into some awkward moment in this room with Sunshine and Five. Now it being his niece it was like deja vu all over again.

"Five feet distance please," Diego demanded mostly eyeing Peter. "Family meeting downstairs. You too Bug Boy."

"It's Spider Man," Peter mumbled earning a pat on the shoulder from Lavinia.

"You'll get their respect sometime," she promised with a kiss on the cheek. "Come on Bugaboo let's go downstairs."

🔅🔅🔅

"Three days?" Allison asked shocked by what she heard. Like Diego did s drying aaa downstairs having a family meeting, but you know, without Vanya, Sunshine, and Five. Lavinia was curled up in an arm chair next to Peter. Although he did made her feel slightly better, she was still feeling down.