canto iii

"Where have you been recently, Y/N?" pestered the big boned girl next to her. That was Allie Reinback. In the original story when both her and Y/N reach 16, she cuts Y/N off to join the heroine's side, the so-called righteousness.

However, right now she's just about in love with the future villainess seated at the head of the tea party's table.

"Yes! You've been neglecting your duties as the fan club's president!" tittered a small, bird like young lady by the name of Amira.

Y/N sighed internally and carefully set her tea on the table. It was stressful enough being here and dealing with these twenty or so girls but even more so that the stabbing stare of her personal knight was boring into her fixed hair.

She raised a hand with an apologetic glance. "I realise that this endeavour I've set myself on is taking too much of my time. I'd like to resign as head of the fan club."

Cries were heard.

Allie wept into the sleeve of Y/N's dress, smearing snot and such all over the garnished fabric. Not on purpose, mind you. And not for no reason, her idol just gave up on her dream of becoming the second prince's lover, the more handsome prince, might she add.

Y/N thought to herself, Well it had to be done. I've done nothing but annoy that poor prince to pieces.

"Girls, please don't cry... it had to be done. I'd like to pass on my duties to Lady All—"

"What's going on here?" Y/N froze, she recognised that voice.

She turned, close eyed, a forced smile plastered on her face. "Ah, Your Highness, Prince Augustus..."

The boy tched. "Are you here to pester me again?"
Though was he pleased? He looked it.

There were in the palace hall, far from where the prince might reside. Y/N sweat dropped, thinking that he definitely came to them as the meeting was meant to be reserved for the girls.

"What's it to you??!" Exclaimed Deyen. He looked ticked off, hand on his sword and face likened to a wild lion.

His young lady put her hand on his, shifting eye contact from the prince to the knight. "Deyen," she mumbled, "I got this, okay?"

Deyen rolled his eyes in obvious disagreement, but lowered the hand that held the hilt of his sword.

"No. Well, yes. I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that this is the last time I will personally, as you say, 'pester' you." Y/N turned back around to sip her tea. It would get cold! She believed the action she performed was perfectly adequate and if the second prince had any objections, he could take it up with the next head, Allie.

However, it did not seem adequate.

"No!"

All of a sudden, a firm hand clamped her shoulder, the one of the hand holding her lukewarm tea. A few girls screeched as the H/C haired girl's tea was flung onto the mass layers of dress.

Y/N stood up in a hurry. Though the tea wouldn't burn her, the sensation still came as a surprise. The tea cup shattered, a loud clash of china. A flash of silver, and she knew Deyen had drawn his sword. He stood back facing her with an offensive stance.

"Hah!" The prince chuckled. "You dare draw your sword against me, royalty?! Lower it, and that's a command."

Y/N really couldn't place the emotion present on his face, one of panic, or disbelief? Anger?

"I don't serve you, you are not my master. You therefore do not have any right in hell to order me around."

The prince was vexed, clenching his fists tightly.

"Y/N! Call off your dog! He dares raise his sword at the star of the kingdom—!"

Augustus trailed off in anger, huffing as his hair became disheveled, sweat slipping down the sides of his temple. Was he going to cry...?

"Only if Your Highness promises not to find any fault in my coming actions, which I'm sure you won't."

"...Alright."

She placed a hand on Deyen's shoulder, which the second prince flinched at.

He retreated and Y/N came forward. "Your highness," she sunk into a curtesy, "the meeting you happened to walk in on was the celebration of my resignation, in which Allie will become head of your fan club. I understand you didn't even want it in the first place, so I apologise. But we want to support you as best we can."

The prince looked flustered, unconvinced. "...You may rise."

"But... but I don't understand! Why are you quitting? Didn't you love this... well not job. Occasional occupation?" Me?

He refrained from mentioning the fact that he thought she was in love with him, though. It seemed like leverage to use at a better date.

"I did... but I realise the burden it is to you, the pain in the side of your neck, as such."

"It's—"

IT'S NOT!

He didn't want to admit that though... wouldn't that mean that Y/N won? No, he wouldn't admit it... he would remain superior to her. But he didn't want her to leave!

The internal struggle was hard.

"It is. But it'll be more unbearable if anyone other than you were to run it. I'm scared that the club won't be as attentive and poison me with nuts, to which I'm allergic."

He looked away, remaining his cool aura. Oh how the girls swooned. Y/N rubbed the back of her neck.

"If you say so, your highness. But I must take my leave now."

He left her, but not without receiving the immense glare of the bastard beside her. Who was he, to challenge him? To stand by her side?

Augustus stuck out his foot as the knight passed by. He stumbled and the prince laughed aloud, cruelly.

"I hope to see you in the palace hall again, Lady Y/N."

The knight growled, slamming the door on his face.

The second prince was left in the room alone, with twenty attentive girls. His attitude switched up fast.

"Scram."