canto iv

What was left on this agenda of hers, one might ask. Well, the answer was simple: the engagement between herself and the Archduke's son: Alexander Saberstein.

Y/N herself had never meet the boy yet, but he seemed rather introverted for someone of such high status. He had silver eyes that contrasted with his rich skin; his hair was onyx, though not the colour of chocolate but of dark, tall acacia trees. This description was not very relevant to his height however. One of his most profound features, as she read, is that he barely stretched past the heroine's head. (Oh and Y/N, she was a fricking giant compared to him!) The other males leads happened to tower over them both, though Saberstein never feared for his safety due to his rather inclined status.

The light breeze nuzzled at her face as she winced in the dark night. "Tomorrow I have plans to meet up with him, as I have asked father to arrange a meeting. Does he assume I want to bother him?" She tapped her chin in contemplation, "Though haven't I hinted that I'm going to break off the engagement?"

The girl flicked a finger in haste across page 248. It described the first meeting between Y/N and her fiancé, though from Alexander's perceptive as he voiced it to the blonde heroine, who lay sleepy in his arms. She'd asked for a story, twirling his fingers in Alexander's hair, begging to be entertained.

Y/N grimaced. Saberstein had then, to quote the book;

...caressed my cheeks, which hadn't too much fat but enough skin to pinch cutely. He murmured gently in my ear, and I giggled gorgeously, "A story, you say?"

His laugh was so deep, I flushed. "Yes, my lord, implore me so."

"I have got one you might like to hear: the embarrassment of the one who dared to embarrass you."

My eyes twinkled in wonder.

He then took a deep breath, before huffing without a smile, "It was a hot day, the first day I met her. I'd been engaged for seven months and 28 days, when she suddenly appeared at my house, unwanted and without any permission or even contacting my household beforehand."

I chuckled at this, what a primary mistake to make! This must have been what started her villainess life.

"You find that funny?" He asked. My head was turned and eyes closed as I nodded. Without opening my eyes to preserve the scene. "Continue, my lord."

"S-*ahem* she then proceeded to demand to meet with me, shamelessly. Of course, I had to accept, due to natural politeness that comes with my position. When I met her, she was in a disgraceful state! Her H/C hair stuck up like tumble weeds in a desert, her face dirty and a smile, a smile just plastered on her face."

Where did he plan to go with this story? I shifted uncomfortably.

"She'd fallen off a horse."

I snorted, but with grace.

"Yes, she did, and she wanted me to join her in horse riding. She was sent immediately from my household."

I wiped a tear from the corner of my eyes. My, how pitiful! "Alexander, you needn't continue, and reminisce on these bad memories. You have entertained me enough. I'm sure you don't want to relive her horrible hold on you, love."

I stroked his cheek as sleep overcame me.

Alexander's eyes were complicated.

The chapter ended there.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, feeling sleep was trying to grip her itself. No, no! She would stay up and figure out this mystery!

Though the tone was of the heroine's, even she displayed a sort of unknown notion that gripped Alexander.

She scrunched her nose in an attempt to keep herself awake. Light nudged at the horizon's edge. It was obvious to tell the ignorance of these main characters, and Y/N couldn't understand why she was presented as the villain, though as she had already avoided her knight's death flag she could only hope her fiancé would let the issue go easily. The second prince, well, that was a different matter: she would definitely not attend the next meeting.

She would survive! She would, she would!

"Y...."

She groaned the words out, feeble lips mumbling the words, I will survive.

"...Young miss?"

She gasped, air filling her lungs as she wheezed in anticipation.

"Young miss," sighed the maid, "you're finally up! Sir Deyen has been calling for you for many minutes!"

"I-Sir Deyen?" She mumbled. "What for?"

"Oh! And we must get you changed in your best attire! I'm so proud you're finally taking the initiative to meet your fiancé!"

"Huh? I...?"

"Y/NN!" A voice echoed through the halls, and the girl winced as she clutched her ears. It was early! How was she supposed to remember every little thing?

The familiar figure of her knight silhouetted the door. Her tired eyes locked with his, as she yawned, stretching her body out of her duvet. The knight's ears were a reddish tint as he turned his head.

"Deyen? What do you want?"

"I-I'm here to escort you to your...fiancé's residence. If you would be as courteous as to get changed, that is."

"Hmmmm?"

She looked down, and within the tangles of sheets she finally realised only a thin layer of cotton robe protected her body from prying eyes. Oh shit!

She dove under her duvet.

"Please wait outside! I'll be done within the hour!"

The slam of the door was heard, and the maid's expression never changed. In fact, it was almost annoyed.

"Yes my lady, within in the hour had you heard my calls earlier."

She sheepishly apologised, allowing herself to be dressed.

Y/N arrived at mansion with Deyen by her side, though he was pissed off to learn that she was forced to leave his side: the mansion did not allow external guards in case of assassination.

A few figures lingered in the distance to address her presence, whom when she ventured further were the shapes of the master, mistress, and young master of the house. A hand was holding the boy in place, whose face was downcast in some sort of daze.

He looked even smaller than the description of the book had first allowed.

"I greet the Archduke Saberstein, his Lady Saberstein, and the young master, Alexander Saberstein," the girl sunk into a low bow as she worded.

"You may rise."

The faces of the people varied; the archduke had a solemn, long face; the lady had a smile engraved onto her pleasant features; and the young master's eyes never left the floor.

"Don't be rude, Alexander, greet your fiancée," egged his mother.

The head of the boy was tilted upwards slightly, so his gaze lay at the nonexistent ankles of the girl. Her dress was a thick, F/C, which happened to peak his interest. His favourite bunny was that colour.

He allowed his eyes to peak further up the figure, her exquisite, laced hands which looked warm to hold, the jewelled necklace entwining her neck, and finally to her face.

God.

She was beautiful.

"I..." he muttered.

"Can we play?" Smiled the girl. An angel, an angel had come to save him.