Chapter 15

Christmas holidays approached quickly. Korekiyo had to go back to his house to spent the holidays with his mother and sister. You would spend Christmas with your family like always. But somehow you wanted to spend the holidays with your boyfriend too.

"I promise I'll call you when I get there, honey.", Kiyo said, patting your head.

You accompany him to the bus stop. He had all his bags with him.

"I know, I know... But... I'll miss you so much...", you hugged him.

"Don't make it harder to leave, love."

You immediately took a step back.

"I'm sorry, Kiyo..."

"We will talk everyday and I will be sure to tell you how much I love you every time we have to hang up."

The bus stopped in front of you two. People were coming out and other new passengers were coming in. You immediately went in for a kiss and your boyfriend responded, wrapping his arms around you while he gave you a passionate kiss.

"Say hello to your family for me.", you said, trying not to cry.

"I will. Take care, honey."

And he got on the bus, leaving you alone.

***

You walked home, trying to keep your mind out of your boyfriend. As soon as you walked in the house, your brother noticed your sudden change of behavior.

"Why do you seem so gloomy, sis?"

"I'm not gloomy, Jordan!", you said, irritated.

"Leave your sister alone. She just had to go say goodbye to her boyfriend!", you mother came from the kitchen to defend you.

"Mom! It's not like the guy died! He is just going to spend Christmas with his family! It's no big deal!"

"Just shut up!", you said, already mad.

You were already sad that you weren't going to spend Christmas with Kiyo. Now, you had to put up with your brother? Not a chance!

You went to your room and lied down on the bed, sulking over nothing. You knew you couldn't keep Kiyo to yourself. Neither did you intend to do so. He had his own life. But you liked to be close to him. You loved when your boyfriend kisses you, when he hugs you, when he tells you you are the prettier girl he had ever seen... You missed him so much.

***

Kiyo has called you in the last two days. And today you and Kiyo wanted to make a video call. You were finally gonna meet his mom and sister. Well, it's not perfect but it's what's possible in the moment.

Your mother and brother were with you too, ready to meet your boyfriend's family.

"Hello. Good afternoon.", said Kiyo as soon as the call started.

Behind him, there were two women. Two women that are really similar to your boyfriend.

"Hello!", you and your family said back.

It was strange having this reunion. Your moms became great friends in just thirty minutes. Kiyo's sister didn't really seem to like you but you were determined to prove her wrong.

In the end, it was just you and Korekiyo again. Your families left you alone to talk a little.

"How are you doing there?", you asked, putting a lock of your hair behind your ear.

"Lonely without you. But I'm managing."

"Next time, let's spend Christmas together.", you smiled.

"Yes. That would be a pleasure."

Then Kiyo showed you a mistletoe and you started laughing.

"We can't kiss this way."

"No, that's not it...", he smirked back, "This is one of many that I am collecting. When I get back, I will have an excuse to kiss you."

You almost cried of happiness.

"You don't need mistletoes for that, you dummy... You're such a romantic. I love you so much, Kiyo."

"I love you too, (Y/N), my love. I have to go somewhere with my family now but I'll call you again tomorrow."

"OK... Have fun."

"You too since you're going to the cinema with Angie, Tenko and Himiko tomorro."

"Hmm... It's going to be lonely without you..."

"We'll just compensate lost time when I come back, my love. Have a good afternoon, (Y/N)."

"You too, Kiyo, you too."

***

When you were getting out of the cinema with your friends, you stumbled across a bookstore and entered to look for a perfect present for your boyfriend. Angie helped you while Himiko and Tenko got to their dorms since it was already late.

You ended up finding a collector's edition of one of his favorite books. So you bought it and wrapped it up in paper. Smiling, you left the shop with Angie.

"You really love Kiyo, don't you?", Angie asked, smiling too.

"I really do. I hope he likes it."

***

Christmas passed quickly. On day 26 of December, it hit you. Kiyo probably isn't going to return for New Year either.

But you were so wrong. In day 27 on the morning, as soon as ate breakfast and went to brush your teeth, someone rang on the main door.

"(Y/N), could you answer it?", your mother asked from the living room.

"Yes, mom!"

Your brother Jordan was with his friends on the mall and your father had to go away again. So it was just you and your mom.

As soon as you opened the door, a smile took form on your face.

"Hello, honey. I'm back."