Chapter One

A/N || This chapter may involve sensitive topics such as abuse and domestic violence. It involves gore and is extremely sensitive. If this upsets you, please stop reading or be careful while reading. I apologise if anything in this story triggers anyone. Please enjoy.

.

.

Your arms cover your face as you cower in the corner of the room. His voice was loud, so loud that it could probably make you deaf if he tried.

The weekends were not fun. The man you knew as your father was certainly one for a drink or two on a friday night, that's what he thought at least. To you it was more of a 'drink-until-I-can't-see' kind of weekend and it seemed to drag on and on forever.

When it all started, it wasn't that bad. He would come home and do what any normal drunk person would do. It progressively started getting worse and worse to the point where he wouldn't come home until late at night.

It started getting violent. Violent and loud. The neighbours absolutely hated your family but they couldn't care less about what's going on in your life, they just wanted you to shut up. They didn't care about you or your mother, they care about the noise.

Tonight was one of his bad nights, he was extremely angry and aggressive. On his bad nights, you would attempt to stay away from him and stay in your room, but that wouldn't always work.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a scream. Lowering your arms from in front of your face, your eyes started to water. It was your mother, he was having a go at her.

Black trails of mascara fell from her eyes. You were shaking, your palms were sweaty and your cheeks were red. You wanted to step in but fear was holding you back.

After you sat there debating about it, you decided to help your mother.

As you arose from the floor, he looked at you. The anger in his eyes terrified you. It felt like his glare was stabbing you.

"Get away from her!" You yelled, not as loud as him but loud enough to be heard. "Please..." your voice quieted.

He started taking steps towards you, getting closer and closer.
"What the fuck did you just say to me, brat?" He spat, getting closer to you. You backed up to the wall and slid down back onto the floor.

At this point, he was so close you could smell his anger. He knelt down to your height and leant closer. You closed your eyes tightly were expecting him to say something, but he didn't.

You opened your eyes again, only to see him leaning against the kitchen counter. Your shoulders loosened and you lowered your guard.

What was he doing???

It all happened in a flash. One second, he was leaning against the counter, the next, he was coming towards you with an empty beer bottle in his hands.

Your eyes widen and you quickly raise your hands to cover your face again. A scream escapes your mouth and you start sobbing.

The bottle hit your head and shattered glass flew everywhere. A few pieces of glass left small cuts along your skin, highlights of crimson red started showing up.