Chapter Five

It's been around a month. You and Immy have gotten along well, you're like best friends. Wherever one of you went, the other would always be with you. You couldn't be separated.

You've also started going to school and it's quite helpful. Although there are certain people you don't like in the orphanage and school, life is quite enjoyable.

You haven't gotten over your trauma as that needs more help. Every now and then, you get a bit shaky and jumpy. Sometimes, you even have breakdowns, but Imogen is always there for you.

You were sat on your bed, reading a book written by Virginia Woolf, when someone knocked on your door. You and Immy looked at eachother before she got up and opened the door.

She pulled open the door. One of the orphanage staff walked in and gave us both warm smiles.

"Good morning Immy, Y/N. There is a family coming round in an hour in hopes to adopt someone." Immy's eyes brightened at the sound of this. "Please make sure you are dressed and ready."

She left the room and Imogen turned to you, a wide grin on her face. She looked full of happiness, you looked the opposite.

"Y/N this could be my day! I've been waiting to get adopted since I was like...five?" Her smile died down, and she looked at you with concern. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know...I guess I'm just not sure on the whole living with a family you've just met idea." You looked down at your book and closed it. You look back up, seeing Immy look at you with a sympathetic smile.

"Listen, even though you didn't tell me much, I understand that what you went through was a very terrible thing to experience." She sat next to you on the bed and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"It's okay to feel like you're not ready, I felt like that too at first." Whenever she comforted you like this, you felt safe. Happy. "Now come on, we need to get ready!"

She was about to get up but you suddenly crashed into her, giving her a big hug. Immy let out a noise in surprise, chuckled, then wrapped her arms around you aswell.

"Hey that's the first time you've hugged me." You could sense the smirk on her face forming. "Ya know, I'm sensing a real connection between us right now."

You lightly wacked her on the back of the head.
"Shut up or you'll ruin it." Your words were muffled but she could hear you clearly.

Immy let out another chuckle then started pat your back. "Oh N/N, nothing could ruin our wholesome moments. We are purely too awesome for that."

After you got ready, you and Imogen both walked to the canteen and waited. You looked on the floor to see a silver thing on the floor. You picked it up and looked at it closely. It was a silver pin in the shape of a butterfly.

Imogen looked at you then looked at the pin. "You shoukd put it on your shirt, it'll suit you." So you listened to her and put it on your shirt. You liked it.

A few minutes later, the same woman from before came in.

"Children, the Parent is here so best behaviour." With the way the system worked, each of you would get time to talk to the parent, and then they would make their decision.

Time past, and eventually, it was your turn. Imogen had gone just before you and seemed really happy yet worried.

You stood up and walked towards the door.

Deep Breaths.

It's gonna be okay.

It's just a person.