Prologue

"Do you think it's true?" Rose asks Juleka who shrugs before sending a pitiful glance in Marinette's way.

"I don't know" she responds with frown, "if it is true though, it will destroy her" she adds.

Marinette, oblivious to the whispering continues walking through the big doors and approaches Alya. "Hey girl!" Alya exclaims as she throws her arms around Marinette, pulling her into a warm hug. The two friends talk about an upcoming test when the whispers suddenly fade away.

"Hey dudettes" grins Nino as he walks their way. Marinette instantly looks behind him and spots the blonde model as he lightly smiles meeting her gaze. "Hey guys" Marinette squeaks out, her longtime crush Adrien takes a seat next to her as he wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"Adrien" Alya speaks with seriousness. "Are the rumors true?" She asks him, Adriens face immediately falls as he—unknowingly—squeezes Marinette closer to him. Upon the weird reaction, Marinette frowns.

"What rumors?" She asks looking at Adrien. She studies his face and notices as his gaze suddenly soften and a small smile appears on his face.

"You don't know?" Alya exclaims with wide eyes, she anxiously gulps before looking at nino, who looks just as nervous as she does.

Marinette shakes her head in confusion and wakes Adrien up from his dream. "I'm dating Kagami" he grins watching Marinette.

Marinette's brain seems to reject the information as she stumbles on her words. "Y-you w-what?" She asks him. Adrien, oblivious to the hurt he's causing the bluenette, grins and repeats his answer.

"Kagami?" She asks as tears make its way down her cheeks, "you're dating Kagami?"

"Yes" Adrien nods, "is everything okay, Marinette?" He asks as Alya glares at him. Marinette nods with a fake smile while wiping her tears.

"Yes! Of course" she exclaims quickly standing up, "I must've gotten something inside my eye, I better go get it checked." She chuckles as she starts walking backwards away from them. "Congratulations though! You guys are perfect for each other...I'm really really happy for you."

Adrien frowns when he hears her voice break, he stands up to run after her but is pushed back by Nino. "Don't" is all he says.