V

His lips felt warm against hers, they unraveled a sense of longing within Marinette. Unlike Adrien, Marinette's senses were high and alert. She could feel the way his lips moved against hers, the way her lips involuntarily moved on their own. She felt the way his hands gripped her waist as he pulled her closer and tilted his head to the side.

She heard Lilas gasp and her footsteps as she left. She felt the breeze hit their faces and her clothes hit her skin. She could feel everything. She knew Lila had left, yet she kept on kissing him. If anything, she pulled him closer.

Meanwhile, Adrien felt nothing but her lips. All he could focus on was the way her lips fit his perfectly, the way their bodies fit. It was like they were made for each other. Adrien had never felt so good with just a kiss. He felt like he was on cloud nine.

And just like Marinette, he didn't want it to end.

However, their moment was cut short when Marinette suddenly pulled away. Adrien opened his eyes only to find the bluenette with her eyes closed. She rested her head on his chest as it rose with each breath. "We...we can't" she whispered, "I shouldn't have" she shook her head against his chest and felt as Adrien wrapped his arms around her waist trying to bring comfort.

"I'm sorry Marinette" Adrien apologized and looked down when he felt her abruptly look at him.

"No I'm sorry" the aspiring designer whispered as the first set of tears rolled down her cheeks. "I heard Lila walk away and...and I kept on kissing you." She looked away, down at the river as she released a shaky breath. "I'm so sorry Adrien" she whispered.

"I wanted to kiss you Marinette" Adrien breathlessly said, he lifted his hand and placed in on her cheek before softly stroking it. "I didn't want to stop, and for that I'm sorry."

Marinette took in a sharp breath before turning her head towards him, she tilted her head to the side, resting it fully on the models hand. "I wanted to keep kissing you" she muttered. That sentence was enough to make his knees go weak, and her heart stop.

Neither of them could believe it. Adrien couldn't believe Marinette could possibly return his feelings again, and Marinette couldn't believe she had let herself feel again.

The whole situation was far easier for Adrien, this kiss had just confirmed what he already knew. He wanted her. For Marinette, it was far more complicated. She had spent months trying to shove her feelings down, to make them disappear. And just like that, with a kiss. She knew they were far from gone.

...

"I don't know what to do Luka!" Marinette cried as she kept walking around her room. "What am I supposed to do now? I want him! But it's not supposed to be this easy...is it?"

"Marinette..." Luka chuckled as he sat on her chaise. "Of course it's supposed to be this easy. You've made it complicated for years. I think it's time things become simple again."

"But this is Adrien we're talking about! Adrien Agreste, Luka, Adrien Agreste!"

"So what if it's Adrien Agreste Marinette?" Luka asked before covering his mouth, trying to stifle his laughter.

"I've been in love with him for years" She let out a sigh and approached him. "What if I'm not enough? What if he realizes he can do better?"

"He can't" Luka says and shrugs his shoulders. "Marinette you could've been with him a long time ago if you had just told him. You've been holding yourself back for years, your fear has kept you from moving on. Are you really going to let it win again?"

Marinette's face softened as she lent her back against the wall. She knew her friend was right. She knew that perhaps they could've been together long before if she had just been brave, if she had been like ladybug. She knew this was her time, and she wasn't going to let it go to waste.

"You're right, Luka" Marinette grinned, "as usual" she added with a wink. Luka let out a laugh before wrapping his arm around her shoulders and giving her a reassuring squeeze. "Anyways..." Marinette said, dragging the word. "Enough about me, how did it go with Chloe?"

Marinette's face lit up at the sight of the musician as he blushed. Her eyebrows shot up as her smile turned into a grin. "It was good" Luka muttered with a smile.

"I knew it!" Marinette yelled jumping from her chair. "I'm the best Cupid out there" she laughed before dancing around her room, happy her friend had gotten along with the blonde. "You guys are perfect for each other" Marinette grinned and smirked before adding, "just remember to invite me for the wedding."

"Shut up!" Luka yelled, his face turned red at the thought and he threw a pillow at Marinette hitting her in the face. The room went silent before he released a loud laugh. The aspiring designer scowled before muttering how it wasn't that funny.

...

"Bye Luka, say hi to Juleka and your mom for me please!" Marinette yelled as she waved goodbye to her friend. After their conversation, Marinette felt a sense of comfort.

At first she was certain her feelings had to be pushed down, but now? Now she knew she had to let them out. Luka made her understand that even if her feelings weren't returned, they were still worth talking about.

If she held on to them and never let them out, she'd never get closure, and would never be able to actually move on. Although she denied it, a part of her hoped that the kiss they had shared that early morning would be the start of their relationship.

She wanted to believe that maybe they kiss could've sparked some sort of feelings towards Adrien, and that maybe she'd finally stop being "just a friend."

"Marinette, Adrien's here!" Sabine yelled startling Marinette, who immediately started going crazy.

"Hey Mari" Adrien smiled as he poke his head through her trap door. "Can I come in?" He asked.

"Of course!" She said with a side smile. Her hands shakes as she watched him approach her. "We actually need to talk" she muttered and swallowed as nerves came over her. She looked up through her long eye lashes and saw her crush frown.

He walked closer to her and lifted his hand before placing it on her waist. "Is everything alright, Marinette?" He asked with worry. The bluenette nodded her head and gave him a small smile.

"It's nothing bad" she shrugged her shoulders before pressing her hand against his cheek. "I promise" she smiled before rubbing his cheek with her thumb.

"Okay" Adrien sighed before leaning against her hand. He closed his eyes for a second, enjoying the comfort Marinette brought to him. "Lets sit down...I also have something to tell you"

Marinette smiled before taking his hand and leading him to her chaise where they both sat. Their bodies were turned towards each other, their eyes locked and legs touching. Anyone could tell they were in love.

"I'll start" Marinette nervously spoke up and nodded her head. "I...I like you" she quickly said. "Like really, really, really, like you" she added and shut her eyes as she waited for the rejection.

"I like you too" Adrien grinned and grabbed her hand. He lightly squeezed it after linking their fingers and brought their joined hands up, he pressed a kiss on Marinette's hand and laughed. "I really, really, really, like you"

"You do?" Marinette opened her eyes wide and looked at the model next to her. His shoulders shook as he laughed full of glee and nodded his head.

"I really do" he smiled and placed his hand on the back of her neck. "Marinette?" He asked as he moved closer to her, his eyes looking solely at her lips.

"Yes Adrien?" Marinette whispered as she watched him bite his lower lip.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked and looked at her straight in the eyes, surprising her.

Marinette's eyes widened as tears made its way to her eyes. She watched as Adrien pulled back, thinking this was her way of saying no. Her bottom lip trembled as she quickly nodded her head and threw herself into his embrace, locking lips with her boyfriend.

Please vote, comment and share!!!