IV

The familiar silence surrounds Adrien as he sits in his room staring at particularly nothing. Although he tries to deny it, the young model feels extremely conflicted. A part of him swears he will never be able to love someone as much as he loves his partner, ladybug. But another part claims he is indeed capable of it.

After his break up with Kagami, and his reaction to his conversation with Marinette, Adrien can't help but wonder if maybe it's been her all along. He can't help but wonder if his love for lady bug has only ever been a fascination.

He fell in love with his partner because of her kind heart, she was brave and strong, stood up for everyone and not once did she let anyone tell her what to do. Ladybug was independent and strong willed, but above all she was kind.

Marinette on the other hand, she was clumsy and shy. He could never talk to her without watching her fall and stutter. Although they were both kind, they were the complete opposite.

There were times though where Marinette simply surprised him. She stood up for her friends and always tried to do the best for them, even if she got hurt on the end.

So Adrien wondered, who did he love? Marinette had always been nothing more than a friend, but he knew her, he really knew her. Ladybug had always been the girl to hold his heart, but he knew nothing of her, absolutely nothing.

Perhaps his love for ladybug would never be more than it is now, a one sided love. But what if it became more? That question stopped Adrien from going after Marinette every time. He knew there was a possibility that someday she'd like him.

"Adrien?" Plagg exclaimed for the 5th time and waved his arms around in front of Adrien's face. "Hello? Is anyone there?" He asked as he knocked quite roughly on Adrien's head.

"Stop it Plagg!" Adrien said before turning his head towards his kwami, "what do you want?" The blonde asked.

"I want cheese!" Plagg laughed and watched as his holder let out a groan, "you also have that thing with your friends..." he spoke casually, "maybe you don't wanna go" he added with a shrug.

Adrien's eyes widened before he sprang put the door, dragging his black kwami with him. "Wait...no...my cheese!"

"Shut up Plagg, I'll ask Marinette for some cheese balls when we get there"

"Yes!"Plagg grinned, "god I love that girl!"

...

"Adrien!" Nino yelled as soon as he walked in though the bakery's door. "Adrien's here guys!"

"Hey Nino" Adrien laughed before patting his back. "Where's everyone?" The model asked.

"They're in Marinette's room" Nino snickered, Adrien saw Marinette's parents and quickly greeted them before turning to his best friend.

"Is Marinette there too?" Adrien asked as subtly as he could. His question, however, didn't go unnoticed.

"Yeah she's there too...playing Cupid" Nino smirked as he saw Adrien frown.

"What do you mean?" Adrien quickly asked.

"Lets just say a certain musician is here" Nino chuckled, his whole demeanor was playful yet Adrien wasn't having fun, nor was he enjoying it.