Prequel: The Beginning of the story

If you had the choice to change the fate of your life, would you take it?

"We are never given a choice like that."

Silence, all that there was just silence inside the darkness all before the sound of static and the light that came from an old television that was placed on an even older looking dresser giving light to a small room. The room was small and had all-white walls and a ceiling, the ceiling had what looked to be a ceiling fan that looked to be broken and had no lightbulbs to give light to the room. The room also lacked any windows and only had one door that was the only way in or out of the room. the only things inside the room were the old dresser, the television that was On giving the room the only source of light, a clock on the wall that was either close to high-noon or midnight, and the only other thing that was left was a small bed that could only fit one person, such a the person who laid on the bed probably asleep, this person looked to be a small boy around the age of ten, who had black short hair, had what looked to be a diamond-shaped birthmark that covered most of his forehead. He seemed to be wearing an all-blue jacket that had a darker blue hood, light blue pants, and pitch-black shoes. As he opened his bright red eyes the child looked around the room only to see nothing or no one in the room. The sound of the door opening scared the child a little, he then got off the bed and went to the door to see what was going on for you to see; this room is not his room.

The moment he stepped out of the door the dark hallway he was heading into the lights switched on, he then entered a room, a somewhat bigger room than the one he was in, the walls were a light orange color and the floor was hard-wood, the only thing that was in the room were four chairs three of the four were side to side with each other and one was facing the three and they were all different from each other. the one in the middle was an all goldish yellow long chair that looked brand new and never used, to left looked to be an all-red leather chair that looked beaten up and used to offended and to the right of the row was a blue classical chair that looked to be in great shape. the chair that was facing them all was just a simple wooden chair and there seemed to be nothing special about this chair at all. The child looked around the room one last time only to see that the only door was the one he just came through, but he stopped moving dead in his tracks as when he turned around to see the chairs again the boy saw three people sitting on the chair, in the middle what seemed to be an elderly man wearing an all-black suit and had all-white hair and had a blank expression on his face. To the left in the red chair was someone with red hair wearing a black jacket, red shirt, black pants, and black leather boots who had them on the chair he was sitting on and looked mad just being here. And to the right on the blue chair was a woman with blue hair wearing just an all-white dress that covered all the way down to her feet. All of them had one thing in common and that was that they all had red eyes like the child.

"Who- who are you, why am I here- Where am I?" That is what the boy said, full of questions that he needed answers to know. Before he could get them, the one in the middle pulled some papers out from behind his chair, he then looked at the child and pointed at the empty chair that faced them and asked him: "Take a seat, would you young man." The child then sat down, the one in the middle looked at the paper and read aloud "Name: Nero, no last name to speak of. Date of Birth: July 5th, that is today is it not so that makes you 10 years old. When you were only at the age of five you once left your preschool and went into the woods and when you were found you told people "A wolf found me, and guided me out of the woods." No one believed you. And soon after that the orphanage you lived in pulled you out of school and thought it is best if they teach you instead of the school, you did learn a lot though. You lived in the orphanage your whole life, and never once did anyone attempt to adopt you, very sad." The man said as he put the paper behind the chair again. The child only known as Nero faced them and was a little scared, who were they, and what do they want that was going through Nero's mind. He had woken up in a random room and was now facing three people who knew who he was but had no idea who they are or what they want. The Man in the middle then held out his hands showing the palm of his hands, they were covered in scars, scratches that looked both old and new some even looked fresh. The Man said to Nero "To answer where you are, you are in a room between everything and nothing. For who WE are, we are the ones who watch over many things that go on. And for why you are here, you Nero are given the choice that no one has ever taken. The choice to change the fate of your life, will you take it."

"Change ... my fate?" Nero thought this was all confusing to him, what did he mean by that? "What are you talking about?"

"Change your fate, will you take that choice?" The Man in the middle said as the other man in the red chair let out a small chuckle as if he was told a joke or something funny just happened. The Man in the middle turned to the one who had hidden his laughter with his eyes that looked like they almost glowed with a fire burning away at anything close to it, this made the one on the left turn his face that had a comical look on it to that of a serious one. The Man in the middle turned back to Nero expecting an answer to the question he was asked, as for Nero he had no idea how to. His life was never a simple one. The day he was born he was left in front of a hospital that kept him in perfect health and after he was only a month old they sent him to the orphanage where he lived, in the years he spent there he made only a few friends who were all adopted, he was also pulled out of school because of the incident that happened to him when he was five years old. As he was thinking of this he thought of something, no of someone, one person he would not want to face and would never see again if he wanted to. Nero looked back at them and asked them. "How does this changing my fate work?"

"You will be sent somewhere, and you'll never get to see HIM ever again." The Man in the middle said making Nero have his face changed to shock as he knew who he was talking about. "The very real reason you were never adopted was because of him, the "Caretaker" who was there for when you were first brought to the orphanage, The person who pulled you out of school when you were young and was also the one who never got you adopted because every time someone came to the orphanage looking for a child to take care of and raise he would lock you away all so no one would take you away from him." It was true, it was all sickle true. Nero always knew that the "Caretaker" Never once had actually taken care of Nero, and he never knew why. This "Caretaker" would always lock Nero away in a small dark room whenever someone came to the orphanage, he never let him go outside on his own, he was always watching and he always had the world evil smile on his face and would only have that smile be seen by Nero and no one else. To others that "Caretaker" was a kind person, a saint even but to Nero he was fear. "I'll ... I'll take it!" said Nero as he stepped out of his chair screaming "I'LL TAKE THIS CHOICE OF YOURS!" Nero had no idea what this was all about but he didn't care one bit.

"Like as if you had a choice." said the Man on the left chair. All three stepped out of their chairs and walked to the door behind Nero and closed it they then asked Nero to reopen the door. "But, that's to the room back there." Said, Nero The Man in the Middle then looked back at Nero and told him "Now It is the exit, try it, boy." Nero then walked up to the door and opened it once more, instead of the lightless room he was once in, it was all light. Nero went into the door, and as he looked back the door was closing and all could see were the three people staring back at him until there was nothing but light.

The light was all that he can see, nothing but the light. Nero had just closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again to see the sky, the blue sky with some clouds and he felt the ground, it didn't feel like dirt but rather stone. As he looked around he noticed that he was in a forest with big green healthy trees, green grass and what seemed to be a lake with a stream of water going into the forest he looked to the ground he was laying on, it looked like a stone path that only went on for a few feet as he got up he turned around to see where the stone path had originated from, it looked to be a large building made up of stone and was covered in moss and the door seemed very old too, the building to Nero was gigantic, it had to have been the biggest building he has ever seen. But something didn't feel right, Nero looked back at the trees they were bigger too, they seemed to be oak trees and he knew they were big but these trees were somehow bigger than he remembered. As he scratched his head wondering what was going on, Nero now knew something was VERY off, he looked at what he thought were his hands only to see that they were now, black and blue paws? He then noticed the lake and ran to it and looked at what he thought was going to be his normal reflection he would see every time he looked in a mirror only to see a mostly blue and almost dog-like face and around his eyes looked to be a mask. Nero knew what he was looking at not only was he looking at his reflection but knew what his reflection was. "That's me? A Riolu? A Pokémon?" Nero said taking a step back before screaming at the top of his lungs "I'VE BEEN TURNED INTO A POKÉMON?!" This was the beginning of his story, the story of a boy named Nero who changed the fate of his life forever.

The End of Prequel