Chapter 1: New life, New world, New times

Last time: A human child named Nero had woken up in an unknown place and had encountered three people who offered him a chance of a new life, Nero had taken this deal and was sent somewhere but was not the same as he was. Nero is now a Pokémon.

"I'VE BEEN TURNED INTO A POKÉMON?!" screamed Nero who was now a Pokémon, how could this have happened to him. He didn't know how or why he was now a Riolu. After what felt like hours of panicking he calmed himself down a little, then panicked for a quick second and back to calm. "Okay, this... this is all just a dream, yay!" Nero said as that was the only thing that would make sense to him. Nero walked to the nearest tree and readied to punch the tree and with full force, he hit the tree with a hard punch, a hard punch that may have broken some of his fingers and there was a loud snapping sound that could have been the bark of the tree breaking off from the punch or one of Nero's fingers, don't punch trees kids. Nero then let out another scream this one was of the pain he felt from the tree he just punched.

"Okay not a dream, NOT A DREAM!" Nero said realizing that he was not in a dream but rather he was a Pokémon now. How could this have happened to him and why? He then lays on his back on the grass looking up at the sky, it seemed to be around Noon, and Nero was just wondering what was going on. "You have woken up at the hidden Lake in Athena forest and been turned into a Pokémon, Nero." Said a voice that sounded young like it came from a little girl. Nero looked around but nothing. "Who said that? Show yourself! ... please." Said Nero who was a little freaked out, he didn't know what to do, what he was supposed to do, or what was going on, he looks like a pokémon now, how did this even happen to him? That was what was going through his head the most.

"In the lake, Nero, so I may help you." said the voice again. Nero was confused and needed answers so he did as he was told and walked to the lake and looked into the water. Seeing his own reflection all he could do is just reject the fact that he was an even when he couldn't and then he noticed something and an extra pair of eyes over his own that glow like a star in the sky. Nero's head felt like it was being crushed by something and got away from the lake then the crushing feeling was gone like it didn't happen when he looked back at the lake he heard the voice again. "Hello, Nero, I hope what I have given you will be most helpful for what is to come in your time being in this world." Said the voice again, where and who was it, that is what Nero wants to know.

"Who are you? Where are you? What did you do to me?" Nero asked the voice.

"I am a guardian, a guardian of knowledge. Where I am is that I am here and nowhere, I am seen but not seen. And for what I did to you is simple, I have given you knowledge of this world for you. That's all I can say to you Nero, I am sorry but you need to start this journey alone from here. I truly wish I could help you but I can not." said the voice sounding sympathetic like it truly wanted to help in any other way.

"Can you tell me why am I here?" Nero said, sounding concerned about why he was there. The voice stayed silent, and Nero waited for an answer. He waited for a little while more, the seconds of waiting turned into minutes then hours. The sun was now setting and Nero waited to get an answer from the voice and all he got was nothing. Nero then turned around and walked to the forest that the stone path leads but before he entered he turned back at the lake and said "Can you tell your name, please?"

"Uxie." Said the voice. Nero then entered the forest that the voice that he now knows as Uxie called Athena Forest. His mistake however was entering the first at night.

Location: Athena Forest

Nero walked through the forest suddenly regretting leaving when the sun was out of the sky. As Nero looked up at the night sky he wondered what he was supposed to do. Before he knew it Nero heard a noise, the noise of his stomach growling like a wild beast. He looked down at his stomach and realized that he hadn't eaten anything all-day, as he was thinking of looking for something to eat. Something fell on his head; it was an apple. Nero picked up the fruit and wondered where it came from as he was surrounded by oak trees, but none of them had any apples on them. He looked up and saw three squirrel-like Pokémon with grayish-brown color fur, with a large fluffy tail, which is dark-grayish-brown at the top. Nero knew what Pokémon it was, Skwovet. Nero thought they gave him the apple because he was hungry, like most Normal-Type Pokémon they were nice to others.