Chapter 4: What even is a Mystery Dungeon? Part 2

Last Time: Nero had awakened from yet again another strange dream with the mysterious voice only to receive no answers but more questions. Later he, Bianco, Halo, and the help of a guild member Rusty, ventured into a Mystery Dungeon for the first time but now faced a significant threat, a Golurk.

The Grand Light Guild Hall, normally was a large structure that could fix dozens to close to a hundred Pokémon, filled with the various members who would go out on different types of missions, but as of right now, it was close to empty with many of the members out. Such members like the newest recruits Nero the Riolu and Halo the Eevee out on a mission with two long-time members, Bianco the Zangoose, and Rusty the Scrafty.

After the team left, three Pokémon arrived at the Guild Hall for a single reason, a meeting about the utmost importance. The Guild Master: Julius the Raichu, was in a large office with an oak desk close to the back with a painting of what looked to be where the town was built but long before as it looked more like an open field. In front of the desk was a table that had two sets of seats, mini-couches, on the side of the table.

The Kabutops from earlier that day, Rune, was sitting on one of the couches reading papers on the table. You'd think having blades for hands would make it impossible to hold anything, but Rune actually had experience since he did indeed have blades for hands his whole life and learned a trick by just picking things up with the side of his hands. The look on his face though was of pure horror. "Is this real master?" Rune asked the Guild Master who kept a stoic face to not give one of his allies any anxious thought. "How did we lose one of the keys?! I thought only a few Pokémon knew they existed?"

"That is a good question, Rune. One of the keys goes missing, a high rise in bandit activity, these beings are known as Voids, and now the child, Nero. So much is happening." Julius said looking over similar papers that Rune was reading. Besides the papers, a plate and teacup appeared, and a kettle poured tea into the cup.

The one pouring the liquid into the cup was a large roundish creature that was floating in the air with a sinister-looking face, red eyes a dark purple color body, they also had a bowtie right under their rather large mouth. They were a Pokémon known only as a Gengar, this one however was a different color, a Shiny if you will, a rare trait that a Pokémon is born with that both makes them a different color but also whenever they enter a battle or sometimes at, they will release a shining glimmer that surrounds their body. Most Pokémon who are born shiny would receive either a better color pallet and some would look downright back like being a boring or ugly shade of green, some Pokémon like Gengar just get a lighter or darker shade that makes it almost impossible for someone to tell the difference. "Your tea, sir?"

"Thank you, Shade," Julius said to the Gengar named Shade, a servant to the guild's leader for generations, Ghost types typically don't really age like normal Pokémon, they do get older, but they can live for centuries even over a millennium before fading into nothing. Shade has served the guild since its founding nearly a hundred years ago. "Have the others arrived yet?"

"Yes, fellow members Gaius, Minerva, Apollina, Artemis, Neptune, and our guest Master Hephaestus of the Knights of Olimpia with his party have all arrived, sadly master's Atlas, Raider, and Berserker are out for mission reasons and won't return until tomorrow. As for our last guest Master Robin, he is still recovering after what happened the other day." Shade had told the guild's master. Julius thanked them and informed them to send the Gengar off to get those who they mentioned.

"This isn't good, I thought we kept them hidden... What about the other keys?" Rune had asked Julius who replied.

"So far it seems only the one that was hidden within the forest went missing, Minerva had said that she felt it disappearing and she went with Troy and Co. to see and found it was indeed gone. The other two we have been still where we kept them. The Keys owned by the others are kept safe too," Julius said as they got up from their seat and walked to the painting on the wall. "Antony, Hades, and Poseidon have theirs, and in locations, they think we don't know about... best keep it that way, we don't want them knowing that, especially Hades."