Chapter 3: What even is a Mystery Dungeon? Part 1

Last Time: Nero and the others had made it to the Town of Hermes. Bianco took the children to the town's sights to enjoy the day while Apollonia talked with the Guild's leader. A Raichu named Julius. Nero and Halo were asked to join the guild while their enemies watched afar.

Nero walked down what he thought to be the same hallway when he got the sword and shield in his fight against Ivan. While looking around, he saw that the walls were missing any engraved markings. Once he made it to the door, it looked different. There were no marks or scratches on it. It even looked untouched, very old, but still intact. Once Nero put his Riolu hands on the door, it looked new. It then started to open on its own, and on the other side was an open field, a large open field with a clear blue sky. There are tons of beautiful plants and a pawn with what looks made up of the purest water. There was one tree that had a mixture of fruits and berries.

"What is this place?" Nero asked. He looked around and saw that it was very peaceful. All he wanted was just to lie down and rest. "This is my domain, Nero." Said a voice that Nero remembered. It was the voice of someone he had met, one of the people who sent him to this new world. "You're that old man who sat in the middle!"

"Hey, don't call me old. I am not that old... okay, I'm old." Said the voice. Nero started to see if he could find the voice's origin to no avail. "I am not here, but I am here, young Nero."

"What is up with these cryptic messages I'm getting lately? Can't you straight up tell me-"

"I understand you're confused, child, but that is how we are. Being cryptic is part of what we do; it is in our nature." Said the voice.

"Alright, then, can I ask why I am here? You never did explain it to me."

"You're here because we have chosen you to come to this world to help it." Said the voice, still not giving full details.

"Help this world? Why me? Can't you help the world?"

"I'm afraid that even I, a being of pure power above anything, also have its limits of laws and rules that I need to obey. If not for those limits, I would take care of everything myself. But as for you, I cannot say everything, but you have what it takes as you are willing to help those who need help." Said the voice as the pawn started to glow. Nero walked up to it and looked inside to see that it showed something, the past when he was still younger and human. As a human, Nero was beaten up by three other children who looked older than him. He didn't even fight back.

"I remember this. Those three were picking on a little girl from the orphanage and stood up to them. I didn't fight back. I couldn't because they were much stronger than I was, but our town's officer Jenny saw what they were doing, and they were in trouble after that." Nero said, sounding proud of himself for standing up to those bullies and not using violence as an answer.

"Yes, what you did was very honorable and respectful. However, what you did the following week shows that you were not a saint." As the voice said this, the pawn showed another vision. This one showed Nero hiding in a bush in a forest, waiting for the three bullies to walk by. Once they did, Nero showed himself, threw three rocks, one for each of the bullies, and started running away with the bullies after him.

Nero then jumped past something and stopped to turn around to face the bullies, and once they were a few feet away, they fell into a trap, a large plot hole in the ground. Nero then picked up a box hidden from anyone and opened it, revealing berries inside it. He then threw the berries into the hole that attracted wild Pokémon to enter the spot. Luckily, they were not harmed, but they had to learn their lesson, don't be a bully.