Untitled Part 5

Time froze. Everything surrounding Adam stopped. His heart had skipped a beat and stopped. Sophia was missing. Gone. He couldn't believe it. First his sister and now his niece. This wasn't happening; this had to have been a cruel sick joke.

"Soph...I...I gotta find her" Adam spoke, after getting his voice back.

"Adam no. Your still hurt" Hank told him

"I don't care she needs me"

"Sophia needs you alive"

"I...I can't lose her"

"You won't. I give you my word we'll find her"

Meanwhile

Sophia was slowly coming too, her head and body hurt. It felt as if she got hit by a truck. When she opened her eyes her vision was blurry; it took a few minutes for it to clear. The seven-year-old kept blinking. Soon her vision cleared.

As she looked around she realized she was no longer with her uncle's partners Kim and Kevin, they were nowhere to be found. She looked around the room she was in. The room was done up for a seven-year-old girl. The walls were a mixture of pink and purple. A few posters hung on the wall. The bed was a full size, it was pink and purple bed sheets with the matching comforter and pillow cases. On the bed were lots and lots of stuffed animals.

What had really shocked the young girl was it was all her stuff from Adam's place. How'd it end up here? How'd she end up here? She had gone to the door and attempted to open it. The door was locked and she couldn't get out. Soon she started pounding her little fists against the doors.

"Uncle Adam! Uncle Adam! Grandpa Bob! Grandpa Hank! Someone! Anyone help!" She called through the door.

The house was empty, her small voice just about echoed in the house, there wasn't anything she could grab to break down the door. All she could do was pound on it till her small fists gave out. She was sitting curled up on the bed when the door opened and a tall man had walked inside. He had sandy blonde hair, piercing green eyes, he wore regular clothes of a shirt and jeans with sneakers. He wore glasses. He had some resemblance to Sophia.

The man had carried in some food. "I brought this for you"

It was a brown McDonalds bag, it had a couple burgers, some fries, some nuggets, and he had juice for her. He passed it over to the seven year old. Sophia slowly took the bag unsure if she should eat the food or drink the juice. The youngest Ruzek knew to never take stuff from strangers, one rule her mother, uncle and grandfather had always taught her.

"T-thank you"

"Your welcome. I didn't know what you'd like so I got you a bit of everything"

She peeked in the bag and glanced back at him. "What's your name?"

"Ian. What's yours?"

"Sophia"

"That's a really pretty name"

"Why am I here?"

"Because this is gonna be your new home"

Her face fell. New home? She didn't wanna be here, she wanted to be with Adam and her grandfather. That was her home. Not this run down house.

"This isn't my home. My home is with Uncle Adam and Grandpa Bob"

"Not anymore, this is your new home"

"No! I wanna go home!"

"This is your home!"

Before Ian had lost his cool with her he left the room locking the door. Sophia sat on the bed crying. She knew one thing for sure; her Uncle Adam and Grandpa Hank was on the lookout trying to find her. Or she hoped.